Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are the Bengals trying to trade John Ross?

Featured Replies

According to an article on Cincyjungle.com they are.

 

There isn't any substance there, this is easy to believe, but it seems too early to give up on Ross to me.

 

Anyone?

What could they even get for Ross at this point? Could they get a 4th rounder for Ross now?

  • Author
What could they even get for Ross at this point? Could they get a 4th rounder for Ross now?

 

That is one of the reasons I would not trade him, I think he is probably worth more than what the Bengals could get for him.

Come on over to Kansas City we can find a place for you!

Unless you are just overwhelmed by an offer, why would you get rid of anyone before the new head coach/staff have a chance to see/work with them in person first?

Unless you are just overwhelmed by an offer, why would you get rid of anyone before the new head coach/staff have a chance to see/work with them in person first?

 

Because it's the Bengals. The John Ross pick had Mike Brown's name written all over it when it occurred.

Unless you are just overwhelmed by an offer, why would you get rid of anyone before the new head coach/staff have a chance to see/work with them in person first?

 

Because it's the Bengals. The John Ross pick had Mike Brown's name written all over it when it occurred.

 

Based on the fact that Zac Taylor got to pick who he wanted as coaches, as evident by the fact he decided Del Rio was not a good fit.

 

I would assume Taylor has watched the games from last season, and he is the one who had decided it may be worth looking to see what they can get for him and not management. So I think this is more of a Taylor decision to try to trade him, than it is managements.

John Ross is soft. I am trying to think of another WR I have seen who is as soft as Ross, and I can't think of anyone. That speed is wasted on him. It is hard to change a player's heart, so I am not surprised to hear the Bengals are shopping him. However, it is tough to see the Bengals getting enough value to trade him. Roll the dice on keeping him and hope Ross is a changed person, unless you get a good pick for him. As much as I don't like what I see from him, who on the Bengals roster is better? In training camp, I would make him the gunner on the punt and kickoff team and chew on him on every rep in practice to see what he does with it.

John Ross is soft. I am trying to think of another WR I have seen who is as soft as Ross, and I can't think of anyone. That speed is wasted on him. It is hard to change a player's heart, so I am not surprised to hear the Bengals are shopping him. However, it is tough to see the Bengals getting enough value to trade him. Roll the dice on keeping him and hope Ross is a changed person, unless you get a good pick for him. As much as I don't like what I see from him, who on the Bengals roster is better? In training camp, I would make him the gunner on the punt and kickoff team and chew on him on every rep in practice to see what he does with it.

 

Agree 100%. I don't know if he is soft or just has the worst hands in the NFL, or perhaps both. Worst #1 draft choice in the Mike Brown era.

Agree 100%. I don't know if he is soft or just has the worst hands in the NFL, or perhaps both. Worst #1 draft choice in the Mike Brown era.

 

I wouldn't go that far with it yet. There are quite a few guys in the 90's who may take that crown, and even a guy more recent in Cedric Obhuehi.

 

The one thing people get caught up is thinking he was only a first round pick, because he set the 40 yard dash record. He was going to be a first round pick that year based off of his play, the 40 yard dash time just help him move up from a 1st round pick to a top 10 pick. Just like a similar type player Marquise Brown from Oklahoma is going to be a first round pick this year.

 

I don't know if you have gone back and watched John Ross in college. His play in college was completely different than what we have seen so far. The guy was legit in college, and looked the part. Now in college it also took until his third year of playing before he took off. He didn't do much his first few years, besides as a kick and punt returner. Which I hope the Bengals try to do that with him more. However by his third year of playing it clicked. The guy his last year in college had over 80 receptions 1200 yards receiving, and led college football with 17 touchdown receptions that season.

 

I agree he has looked very soft and hands have looked horrible. However, he did show last year a little bit of what he showed in college and that was his ability to score touchdowns, by scoring 7 touchdowns last year. Which last year was basically his rookie season. So I do think an offensive coach like Zac Taylor may be able to use him better and get more out of him. Under Marvin it looked like he was thinking to much and not playing. Hopefully under Taylor he goes out there and just plays.

 

So I know I hope at least they give him this year under Taylor to see how he does.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.