Conner Coach Resigns

doubledeuce

I am pretty sure Clark was not from Wyoming, but maybe Sycamore. I know coach Stellman was an assistant for him.

By the way, this is one time I will have to agree with Quickslick. What does the sheriff know about coaching a high school team? That is a full time job. Is he a sheriff or a coach? I think you can only do a good job at two such time consuming jobs one at a time.

I don't want to go down the road of agreeing with you very often either . . . . . but this does clear some things up:

1. Clark was at Sycamore

2. Stellman never coached at Sycamore with Clark (they didn't coach together until they were both at Conner) unless Clark was at one of those schools. I think that Clark may have had a son that coached somewhere (or something like that) that got them acquainted.

3. Stellman coached at Moeller and Lasalle before he came to Conner

And not that I disagree with jdg about the sheriff . . . . . because at this point, I don't know enough about him (other than that he was an assistant at Conner for a period of time) to understand why there are some people who seem to be dead set on him. I use Coach Yeagle as a comparison because people say he is interested.

So--if a person (this isn't directed at you jdg . . . ) looks at it like this:

Helmig: assistant coach at Conner for 5 years (I am not even sure what he has coached--that is not meant as insult--I just don't know--it would be great if someone could fill in the blanks). No head coaching (high school) experience that I am aware of, no other high school experience that I am aware of.

Yeagle: 176-25? (I think), 8 state championships, 10 finals appearances, 11 semi-final appearances . . (I know that this is class A--but that is still pretty impressive).

So, what I would want to know--why would someone choose one over the other (either one)?

I am not really interested in the conversation about sheriff being the sheriff--or the propaganda that is routinely passed about the other coach mentioned. Each would have some challenges working those things out in order to be the head coach. I will call that a draw for the sake of this conversation.

But when it comes to football--what is the better answer? (AGAIN--I DON'T NECESSARILY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. I know one, I don't know the other--but I am open-minded)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stellman was an assistant at Conner for Coach Clark.

I am pretty sure Clark was not from Wyoming, but maybe Sycamore. I know coach Stellman was an assistant for him.

By the way, this is one time I will have to agree with Quickslick. What does the sheriff know about coaching a high school team? That is a full time job. Is he a sheriff or a coach? I think you can only do a good job at two such time consuming jobs one at a time.

Agree. But I don't think Conner is necessarily looking for someone to generate interest and become competitve for a lower playoff spot. I would think they are looking for someone who can take a 6A team that is shortly removed from 10-0 seasons and go deep into the playoffs similar to what Ryle is doing this year.

With the free agent market the way it is today its hard to repeat such a feat!:D :D

I don't want to go down the road of agreeing with you very often either . . . . . but this does clear some things up:

1. Clark was at Sycamore

2. Stellman never coached at Sycamore with Clark (they didn't coach together until they were both at Conner) unless Clark was at one of those schools. I think that Clark may have had a son that coached somewhere (or something like that) that got them acquainted.

3. Stellman coached at Moeller and Lasalle before he came to Conner

And not that I disagree with jdg about the sheriff . . . . . because at this point, I don't know enough about him (other than that he was an assistant at Conner for a period of time) to understand why there are some people who seem to be dead set on him. I use Coach Yeagle as a comparison because people say he is interested.

So--if a person (this isn't directed at you jdg . . . ) looks at it like this:

Helmig: assistant coach at Conner for 5 years (I am not even sure what he has coached--that is not meant as insult--I just don't know--it would be great if someone could fill in the blanks). No head coaching (high school) experience that I am aware of, no other high school experience that I am aware of.

Yeagle: 176-25? (I think), 8 state championships, 10 finals appearances, 11 semi-final appearances . . (I know that this is class A--but that is still pretty impressive).

So, what I would want to know--why would someone choose one over the other (either one)?

I am not really interested in the conversation about sheriff being the sheriff--or the propaganda that is routinely passed about the other coach mentioned. Each would have some challenges working those things out in order to be the head coach. I will call that a draw for the sake of this conversation.

But when it comes to football--what is the better answer? (AGAIN--I DON'T NECESSARILY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. I know one, I don't know the other--but I am open-minded)

^:thumb:

I think I would go with someone with a proven record.

Then spell it out for us what qualities exactly do you think would make Lickert a better choice for the Conner job than some of the other NKY coaches that might seek the job.

Love the Greendevils and they did qualify in the 4 spot this year and have a winning season so that would be one accomplishment that I would note. Honestly, I do not see a budding Class A power emerging. And with the loss of Hightchew and with a projected decent senior class next year backed by only a projected 3 Juniors on the roster there is no chance of winning the district. I'd lump Dayton in with Bellevue and Ludlow in the other playoff spots with Brossart left out and a quick playoff exit.

Hopefully for Conner your not involed in the hiring process. Where did you get your Dayton roster?

Will Blevins form any type of commitee to aid in the hiring process?

I hope he does get some type of assistance with the decision.

I have "heard" that there will be a committee.

However, the principal is not bound to go by their recommendation either way .. . . . . . . . .

It will be interesting to see who this pans out.

I have "heard" that there will be a committee.

However, the principal is not bound to go by their recommendation either way .. . . . . . . . .

It will be interesting to see who this pans out.

Who is on the commitee? I know you have contacts there.

Hoping for some insight.

Who is on the commitee? I know you have contacts there.

Hoping for some insight.

No clue . . . . .

It probably hasn't even been discussed at this point.

Since we are talking about a public school--it has to be posted for 30 days.

So--there is plenty of time to decide still.

And--even if I knew--I wouldn't be at liberty to discuss . . . . . . .