Conner Coach Resigns

doubledeuce

And again--I will ask the same question:

How is Dave Eckstein a better choice than Mike Yeagle?

The only reason I could think of is that Eckstein has coached at a bigger level program than Yeagle. I'm not about to disregard what Yeagle has accomplished, so please don't think thats what I'm doing. I don't see Eckstein leaving Bellevue anytime soon. Both are quality coaches as are many in NKY.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again--I will ask the same question:

How is Dave Eckstein a better choice than Mike Yeagle?

I am not going to get on here and talk down a man that has done a lot for football in this state and NKY, however, I think that Yeagle has had some stability issues as of late. Dave is a very solid coach that knows how to motivate kids. He finds a way to be sucessful, and as far as long term goes, I think he would be an excellent choice for Conner.

I am not going to get on here and talk down a man that has done a lot for football in this state and NKY, however, I think that Yeagle has had some stability issues as of late. Dave is a very solid coach that knows how to motivate kids. He finds a way to be sucessful, and as far as long term goes, I think he would be an excellent choice for Conner.

I understand and respect your point of view, however--if you are being fair, you would have to say that Eckstein brings some issues to the table as well (as do the vast majority that would apply).

As someone who has first hand experience with one of these guys (I will let everyone form their own opinion as to which one I am talking about), I would say that at one time, their personal issues were real--but vastly overstated by just about everyone who has voiced an opinion on this board. But the most important things is that those issues are non-existent at this point. And I doubt that they would resurface.

I think that the list of applicants for this job would be long and distinguished . . . . it should be interesting.

I understand and respect your point of view, however--if you are being fair, you would have to say that Eckstein brings some issues to the table as well (as do the vast majority that would apply).

As someone who has first hand experience with one of these guys (I will let everyone form their own opinion as to which one I am talking about), I would say that at one time, their personal issues were real--but vastly overstated by just about everyone who has voiced an opinion on this board. But the most important things is that those issues are non-existent at this point. And I doubt that they would resurface.

I think that the list of applicants for this job would be long and distinguished . . . . it should be interesting.

:thumb:

I will give you this, but I will say that the two people that we have been discussing will be tough to beat by the other people that will apply.

:thumb:

I will give you this, but I will say that the two people that we have been discussing will be tough to beat by the other people that will apply.

I will have to agree with that statement. These are definitely 2 very qualified candidates for the position.

KHSAA law states that a head football coach must have a college degree to be a level one coach (football and basketball).

Word at Conner is that applications will be accepted until December 10th and the entire process will be completed by Christmas.

KHSAA law states that a head football coach must have a college degree to be a level one coach (football and basketball).

Word at Conner is that applications will be accepted until December 10th and the entire process will be completed by Christmas.

Not entirely true. By-Law 27 for Requirements for Coaches and others working with High School Teams States - States that a level 1 Coach must be a Certified Teacher .... this wording was changed a few years back due to some schools in KY that were having a tough time finding coaches with college degrees.

I am sure there is some gray area there but I figure that is why it is worded that way.

There are some other interesting ways around that too if you look, further down the list, petitions could be made and level 2 coaches can be chose in certain situations.

Not entirely true. By-Law 27 for Requirements for Coaches and others working with High School Teams States - States that a level 1 Coach must be a Certified Teacher .... this wording was changed a few years back due to some schools in KY that were having a tough time finding coaches with college degrees.

I am sure there is some gray area there but I figure that is why it is worded that way.

There are some other interesting ways around that too if you look, further down the list, petitions could be made and level 2 coaches can be chose in certain situations.

I believe that is how Warner is the head coach at Ryle.

I said college degree not teaching degree. I believe the law states college degree.