Which former Bengal are you rooting for?

Which former Bengal are you rooting for to win their first Super Bowl ring Sunday?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which former Bengal are you rooting for to win their first Super Bowl ring Sunday?

• Andrew Whitworth
    • Rex Burkhead

There's a couple of popular, former Bengals playing on opposite sides this Sunday...which means one of them is assured to come away with a Super Bowl ring. Longtime offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth is playing for the Rams, while running back Rex Burkhead lines up for the Patriots. Both seemed to be favorites of the fans while they were in Cincinnati. So who are you hoping has some new jewelry coming their way?

You need a "Both" button in the poll! I have interest in them, but neither of the teams (except for the fact that Zac Taylor is headed to the Bengals).

That's the cop out choice...you can't have your cake and eat it too. To use a quote from Highlander..."There can be only one!"

I think I'm leaning towards Whit. He's been in the league longer, so he's paid his dues. And because of the position he plays, it's hard for someone to say "he had a good game" if they end up losing. Rex, on the otherhand, could run for 100 yards, get another 50 receiving and score 3 TD's and I'd still be happy for him, even if the Pats lose.

I am happier for Rex Burkhead because he was an after-thought here, and has had the chance to make some memorable and impactful plays for the Patriots. However, I voted for Whitworth because I'm rooting for the Rams to win. Honestly, I have complete Patriots' fatigue, so I'm in the "anyone but the Pats" mode in every Super Bowl they are in. Which is most. Sadly.

That's the cop out choice...you can't have your cake and eat it too. To use a quote from Highlander..."There can be only one!"

I think I'm leaning towards Whit. He's been in the league longer, so he's paid his dues. And because of the position he plays, it's hard for someone to say "he had a good game" if they end up losing. Rex, on the otherhand, could run for 100 yards, get another 50 receiving and score 3 TD's and I'd still be happy for him, even if the Pats lose.

Not a cop out at all. In your post, you gave all the reasoning why I am hoping for the best for both of them.