Introducing the new "unorganized religion"

acemona

This is a brother who sins against YOU not Elton John whom you believes sins against God.

Unless Elton John has become perfect, I know he sins against God, just as I do.

BTW did Jesus lecture the adulterous woman who was about to be stoned on her sinful ways, or did he lecture those who were about to do the stoning?

Yes he did. He told her to leave the sinful life she was living.

Did he lecture Zacheus about taking money from the Jewish people, or did he go to have dinner with him?

And this gets to my exact point. Somehow, somewhere, probably because of silly pride that how dare someone tell me how to live my life and say I am wrong mindset of this country, we can't do both????? Why can't I have dinner with them, tell them I love them but I don't condone their sinful life? Why can't I tell the drug user that I love them and let me take you out to eat but I don't condone or agree with you doing drugs?

Or do I have to tell the drug user, I love you. You keep right out on doing whatever you have been doing and I will still love you. Want me to hand that needle to you in love?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but I believe that was the woman at the well.
He may have told her the same thing, but for the record:

John 8:1-11

1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

He may have told her the same thing, but for the record:

John 8:1-11

1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Wonder what he meant by "neither do I condemn thee."? :confused:

Unless Elton John has become perfect, I know he sins against God, just as I do.

Yes he did. He told her to leave the sinful life she was living.

And this gets to my exact point. Somehow, somewhere, probably because of silly pride that how dare someone tell me how to live my life and say I am wrong mindset of this country, we can't do both????? Why can't I have dinner with them, tell them I love them but I don't condone their sinful life? Why can't I tell the drug user that I love them and let me take you out to eat but I don't condone or agree with you doing drugs?

Or do I have to tell the drug user, I love you. You keep right out on doing whatever you have been doing and I will still love you. Want me to hand that needle to you in love?

Once you have dinner with them, then you can have that discussion - but a broad sweep that says all homosexuals are goint to hell is just plain not what Jesus taught. And then it is let me help you get over that nasty addiction you have not because if you don't you're going to hell, but because I love you and you are destroying your life and those around you.

Is it possible that JC didn't condemn the woman at the well b/c he did not want to send her to hell, but he knew the life she was living would destroy her?

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR LBC and whomever else.

Read again the story of the goat and the sheep and tell me the way to get to heaven based on that story. What does it say about salvation?

There is absolutely no doubt that we as Christians are to take care of those that are needy, poor and the like. I agree that HAS to be a key part of our message and mission. You will get no argument from me. I am on my way now to buy 70 gift certificates for turkeys/hams to distribute to needy families, so I am trying to live that.

BUT, I believe that Jesus does not teach JUST that. He teaches about sin and eternal judgment too.

No reply from anyone on the goat and sheep and salvation question???

How did Jesus say you got to heaven in that story?

We get to heaven by knowing Jesus and having a relationship with Him.

We cannot earn it. We can do nothing in our own power to merit salvation.

We get to heaven by knowing Jesus and having a relationship with Him.

We cannot earn it. We can do nothing in our own power to merit salvation.

For the record, I don't know what I think about a lot of the questions I ask, but I think they are good questions.

Also, FTR, I think that I am going to heaven b/c I have a relationship with JC, I don't know how YOU (collective) are getting there.

I wish I could better paraphrase the story of the missionary who went to an Asian country and talked with someone there about JC. This was a person who had never heard the gospel. At the end of the conversation the missionary asked if the Asian would like to come to know JC. The Asian said, I have known Jesus all of my life, you have just now given him a name.

What does God do with all of those native people in the jungles and mountain ranges of developing countries who have never heard the word? Are they all condemned to this nasty lake of fire?

Often the same thing and often intentionally done so in order to meet a preconceived intent. Unfortunately, the scriptures are worded in a way that easily allows for both interpretations and misinterpretations. Which is which? I suppose it depends on the interpreter and on his/her intent.

Ace, I commend you for searching. Matthew 15:19 I posted earlier here it is again spoken by Jesus..."For out of the heart comes evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft ,false testimony, and slander". verse 20..."These are what makes man unclean". Now sexual immorality can't mean adultery because he mentions both in this passage. Could it mean sex with your sister? Animals? Yourself? Another man. I think it covers all of them.

All Scripture is GOD BREATHED. and is useful for teaching,rebuking, correcting, and in training in righteousness, so that the Man of God may be throughly equipprd for every good work. 2nd Timothy 3:16 (notice 3:16) This scripture referred by Paul is mostly the Old Testament because there was not much of the New Testament around. See also 1st Timothy 5:18 and 2nd Peter 3:15. This shows who was behind scripture written by Man. This Word is so powerful and pervasive of what is written that it is the infallible word of God.

Often the same thing and often intentionally done so in order to meet a preconceived intent. Unfortunately, the scriptures are worded in a way that easily allows for both interpretations and misinterpretations. Which is which? I suppose it depends on the interpreter and on his/her intent.

I think they're usually pretty clear if you really study it and take the WHOLE scripture.

Problems arise when people try to let a verse, or verses, stand alone without looking at the rest of the Bible. And you're right, this is often done to meet a specific agenda. If you read the Bible looking for something to match a preconceived notion you have, then you can probably find something in there to help you out...the problem is, you often have to ignore other parts of scripture.