Louisville 84 NC State 77

Pura Vida

Survived a game against a good team in which Jordan Nwora really just couldn't find his shot. Surviving a game like that is pretty fantastic. Took an heroic effort from Christen Cunningham and a three pointer from Stephen Enoch, but it happened.

Beating Pitt and Wake in the next two games would be HUGE for Louisville's chances of finishing top four in the league with a nightmarish early February slate on the horizon. First four games in February: UNC, at Va Tech, at Florida St, Duke... to say nothing of two games against Virginia in the last three weeks of the season. Long way to go.

Survived a game against a good team in which Jordan Nwora really just couldn't find his shot. Surviving a game like that is huge. Took an heroic effort from Christen Cunningham and a three pointer from Stephen Enoch, but it happened.

Beating Pitt and Wake in the next two games would be HUGE for Louisville's chances of finishing top four in the league with a nightmarish early February slate on the horizon. First four games in February: UNC, at Va Tech, at Florida St, Duke.

UNC, VT, and FSU don't worry me nearly as much now as they did early in the year. That doesn't mean they won't lose all three, but still... :lol2:

Good win, particularly with Nwora having an off night (3-12 and 0-7 from 3 w/ 4 TOs [he did have 6 boards and 4 assists]) and Sutton missing minutes due to 1st half foul trouble.

Got crushed on the boards and NC State, particularly Beverly, got waaaay too many open 3 point looks. NC State TOs make it look like UofL played tenacious D, but many of those were unforced.

3 guard lineup (Fore, Cunningham & McMahon) to start 2nd half due to Sutton foul trouble was pretty effective. Not sure how many teams you can do that against, but for short stretches it is a nice wrinkle.

Broken record here, but I think the key to the season is what you get out of Perry and King:

5 - Williams and Enoch have this under control and both continue to improve. (Wonder if Mack would ever consider playing them together? They played a total of 40:00 together last night.)

3&4 - Nwora and Sutton excel here, but there is no depth forcing lots of minutes and other combos.

1&2 - Fore, Cunningham & McMahon give you solid minutes.

Perry played 10:00 with 0-2, 1 foul and 1 steal. (Could've sworn he had a couple of TOs.) King played 5:00 with 1-2 (nice baseline jumper), 1 foul and that's it. Need more minutes and positive contribution from both of them for their own contribution and to take some of the minutes and load off the other 7 playing big minutes.

Coach Mack was as engaged as I've seen him this year, that seemed like one he really felt like they needed. His reaction on that Nwora call, I think it was Nwora, was as close to losing his mind as I've seen him.

Agreed. That’s as animated as he’s been. I liked it.

Has UL skipped their rebuilding year?

But......on the other hand......I know that injuries are part of the game but keep in mind that in this win and the Michigan State win, the opponent was playing without their best player.

Has UL skipped their rebuilding year?

But......on the other hand......I know that injuries are part of the game but keep in mind that in this win and the Michigan State win, the opponent was playing without their best player.

But - UofL's best player shot 0-7 from 3. You can play that game all day long.