Lex. Catholic 44 Franklin County 38 (OT)

Option Right

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Letton who has done an awsome job filling some big shoes! He walked into a very tough spot and has shined!

Congrats to the kids and staff at Lex Cath too for fighting back!

Congrats to the Flyers on a nice season and too Ammons, one of the better dual threat QB's that has played the game in KY!

Sounds like a complete choke by Franklin County.

For Franklin County to have had the season they had ,with basically a whole new group of recievers on the field from last year,the leading tackler from D

gone as well,they had to step it up as a whole team to even be playing in the game last night.:mad: Most people would have thought FC would have a down year even with Kaelin Ammons.They played great team ball and should hold heads high!You don't have to choke to have a team like LexCath come back and win a game. They are the defending state champs for a reason.

Everyone will write off FC because Ammons is gone,but the kids on this team

will come back strong next year and surprise people.

Ammons does everything for FC. In addition to Qb, he is a safety and he returns punts. He is in on every play it seems. Has to be one of the best conditioned athletes I've ever seen play. Franklin did not choke. They didn't give LexCath anything, when they did make a mistake, they stiffened up and stopped LexCath on four downs on their last possession in regulation time. Hats off to FC.

Lex. Cath abondoned their offense in the second half and ran the cornfield spread, 3 or 4 series. I challenge anyone in the state to tackle Revere, Caldwell, and Isreal in that alilgnment. The FCHS kids played hard and physically dominated the Knights. Just came up short. 3 drives were stalling out on Lex. Cath in the 3rd quarter and the Stripes made the calls to keep them alive. But.... that is part of the game to. Congrats to the Knights. This is true heartbreaker for the flyers, they Battled hard, call it choking or whatever you want but ask anyone on the Knights sideline and in the stands and they will quickly correct you. If this was NCAA this thing would be on Classic as we speak.

Never have I EVER pulled for Franklin County (:D), but when they announced that it was 25-7, I was pulling for them to win. Tough loss for the Flyers.

I heard that some FC fans were pretty upset with the officiating in the second half...Any truth to that?

Oldone, we may have a different perspective, but the officiating in the game definitely did not favor Lexington Catholic. Take a look at the stats in today's paper!

FC played well the first half and built up a lead (32-7) that most probably thought would win them the game. At half time the Knights decided they wanted to play football, came out and dominated the second half. I guess that's why you play four quarters and then some to decide the outcome.

No excuses; it's over. Franklin County had a great year. Good luck to their seniors as they move on.

No Excuses here I don't think the game was officiated very well for either side. Lex. Cath had several go against them FC had few, but the FC ones were at crunch time and were questionable at best. Just to tell you what kind of officials were there one asked a FC coach (while a player was down on the field) Is that kid hurt or just tired? Great question from an official huh.

Zanny: Good luck next week in playing 4 quarters, I am glad the LC players are classier than some of the fans.

Oldone, we may have a different perspective, but the officiating in the game definitely did not favor Lexington Catholic. Take a look at the stats in today's paper!

FC played well the first half and built up a lead (32-7) that most probably thought would win them the game. At half time the Knights decided they wanted to play football, came out and dominated the second half. I guess that's why you play four quarters and then some to decide the outcome.

No excuses; it's over. Franklin County had a great year. Good luck to their seniors as they move on.

You must be kidding. You had the game handed to you on a silver platter. Non calls for holding the receiverss and flags thrown for holding and then waved off. Please. The refs sure didn't hurt your chances. By the way, that is not an excuse, facts are facts.