Lex. Catholic 44 Franklin County 38 (OT)

Option Right

oldrocket! r u sure he signed. I was told that he had verbally committed to them but hasn't signed with anyone. Also, I was told that he was planning to wait and see what baseball offers that he receives before he makes any final decisions. There is a huge difference bet/ a verbal commitment and an actual signing these days.

If his true love is baseball, I would wait to make sure I am not signing with a baseball program that already has and/or currently signs a group of outfielders that could land him on the bench for a few years. I think this kids baseball side is greater than football but given the year that Kentucky had in baseball last year and the year the secondary is having in football; you would think Kentucky would be an option for immediate playing time in both sports.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of spending energy telling people who "choked" (whether it is true or not), let's spend some thought on the players who played their hearts out that game.

I was not there but from the updates of the game and talking to people who were there, it was one heck of a game. Hats of the players who left it all on the field.

:thumb::thumb:

Good post. It's one thing to call a pro player who makes millions a choke artist, but to slap the label on 15-18 year-olds is a little harsh.

oldrocket! r u sure he signed. I was told that he had verbally committed to them but hasn't signed with anyone. Also, I was told that he was planning to wait and see what baseball offers that he receives before he makes any final decisions. There is a huge difference bet/ a verbal commitment and an actual signing these days.

If his true love is baseball, I would wait to make sure I am not signing with a baseball program that already has and/or currently signs a group of outfielders that could land him on the bench for a few years. I think this kids baseball side is greater than football but given the year that Kentucky had in baseball last year and the year the secondary is having in football; you would think Kentucky would be an option for immediate playing time in both sports.

Revere did sign (no verbal- true signing) and he will probably be drafted to high to not go to the pros.

And LC fans have never complained about officiating?

Wrong, I have been among Catholic fans and I have heard the complaints.

Every fan base has a few complainers.

I was mainly talking about this board. There are Catholic supporters at every game complaining about every call that doesn't go our way but I expect better from the posters on this board who seem more knowledeable than the average fan at a game.

I was mainly talking about this board. There are Catholic supporters at every game complaining about every call that doesn't go our way but I expect better from the posters on this board who seem more knowledeable than the average fan at a game.

knowledgeable?UT41SC38 said it like it was in an earlier thread.LC got the breaks and non-calls in the 3rd to get back in the game!:sleep:

I think sometimes it makes people feel better if they can vent their frustrations a little. Catholic fans and posters are no exception to this in what little time I have been a member of BGP.

Bottom line is it was a great ball game that I wish I could have witnessed. The Knights should be commended for their efforts as they have a great program.

I applaud Franklin County for their efforts this season and over the last four years as Coach Walker has done a great job reviving a program that was at rock bottom. The tradition of quality competetive football at FC dates back to the 70's. This program has produced some quality football players over the years including Steve Compassi who went on to play for UK. Larry Compassi who received passes from Phil Sims at Morehead State. Roger (Rockee) Clay who played at University of Louisville to name a few old schoolers. Now it has produced a fine football player in Kaelin Ammons. As a matter of fact he has broken records that Steve Compassi has held at FC for a number of years.

University of Kentucky take note!!!!!

And to you coach Walker and company, I hope you stay on and help continue the tradition of quality competetive football at Franklin County.

It has been a fun year!!!!!!

FC players you have been successful because as John Wooden said the definition of success is maximum effort.

OK knightsdad if you're so knowledeable please explain to us poor average fans how the rules can be changed during a game. I'm all ears.:confused:

knowledgeable?UT41SC38 said it like it was in an earlier thread.LC got the breaks and non-calls in the 3rd to get back in the game!:sleep:

When your team doesn't win do you always blame the ref? I guess the hard work and determination from the players has nothing to do with a win.

When your team doesn't win do you always blame the ref? I guess the hard work and determination from the players has nothing to do with a win.

Your team ever play at LC?I guess you wouldn't understand if you haven't.YOU have no idea how hard the kids at FC worked?I do.How much knowledge do you have of what happened that night??:irked:

There's two things you cannot contol in football: the refs and the weather. So what do you do? You suck it up and do the best you can. No excuses! :cry: Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. Both teams that night played there hearts out. Let's keep our eye on the ball! :cool: