Lex. Catholic 44 Franklin County 38 (OT)

Option Right

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be kidding. You had the game handed to you on a silver platter. Non calls for holding the receiverss and flags thrown for holding and then waved off. Please. The refs sure didn't hurt your chances. By the way, that is not an excuse, facts are facts.

Facts? FC had 4 penalties and LexCath had 11.

Most of LexCath's penalties were offsides because FC was yelling snapcounts while LC was on offense. One offsides flag was thrown by the official behind the play while the sidelines officials didn't throw one. He must have had good depth perception. Not a rant against the officials, just trying to show no one is perfect and calls went both ways. I can't remember a game FC has lost where some fan didn't complain about officiating. Considering the disparity in flags I guess I might even be complaining if LexCath had lost. I hope this series can continue in the future because it is just now becoming fun.

Hoping Ammons decides to play safety for UK.

Oldone, the remark about class or lack thereof is uncalled for. I can understand being upset with a last minute loss when you think you're going to win but to cast the "classless term" over people you don't even know is pretty juvenile. If Franklin County had won the game I would be rooting for them to go all the way as I did for the numerous schools who beat Catholic in playoff games over the years.

Instead of spending energy telling people who "choked" (whether it is true or not), let's spend some thought on the players who played their hearts out that game.

I was not there but from the updates of the game and talking to people who were there, it was one heck of a game. Hats of the players who left it all on the field.

:thumb::thumb:

All players for FC left it on the field FC probably played about 20 kids tops, it is a sad loss for the effort those kids left on the feild, and if you know any of them personally you would be a little defensive of them and the reasons for the loss also.

To the FC seniors you have grew way up we will miss you all, especially those 2 who stuck it out for all 4 years #10 and #76. You came to this program when it was nothing and you are the reasons we have gotten to where we are now. I wish you all luck.

All players for FC left it on the field FC probably played about 20 kids tops, it is a sad loss for the effort those kids left on the feild, and if you know any of them personally you would be a little defensive of them and the reasons for the loss also.

To the FC seniors you have grew way up we will miss you all, especially those 2 who stuck it out for all 4 years #10 and #76. You came to this program when it was nothing and you are the reasons we have gotten to where we are now. I wish you all luck.

You are correct oldone.Doesn't get any better than those two.Thanks for the memories.Hey young Flyers, let's keep it going.Get in the weightroom and make a difference next year.Great year FC.!!What a ride.Also hats off to young #5.Now it's your turn to keep it going.Bring back that off/def line and the sky is the limit.:ylsuper:

Facts? FC had 4 penalties and LexCath had 11.

Most of LexCath's penalties were offsides because FC was yelling snap counts while LC was on offense. One offsides flag was thrown by the official behind the play while the sidelines officials didn't throw one. He must have had good depth perception. Not a rant against the officials, just trying to show no one is perfect and calls went both ways. I can't remember a game FC has lost where some fan didn't complain about officiating. Considering the disparity in flags I guess I might even be complaining if LexCath had lost. I hope this series can continue in the future because it is just now becoming fun.

Hoping Ammons decides to play safety for UK.

FC was not yelling snapcounts while LC was on offense. FC has been doing this all season with the LB yelling shift or move and the D-line shifting right or left. They did it the entire first half of this game and the Lex Cath line jumped a half dozen times. But for some reason after halftime the officials decided FC couldn't do this anymore. The first time FC did it in the second half they were flagged. Not sure how it can be legal all season and all through the first half then all the sudden it's no longer legal. If they had been yelling snap counts you would think they would have been flagged in the first half or at least once during the season. It's a real mystery????????? LC had 11 flags for 55 yards. Almost all were for motion and I think one pass interference. FC had 4 and all came in the third quarter and helped LC continue a drive and get back in the game. I hope FC takes the same stand as the Lexington schools have and only plays LC if they have too. Good luck CCH

FC was not yelling snapcounts while LC was on offense. FC has been doing this all season with the LB yelling shift or move and the D-line shifting right or left. They did it the entire first half of this game and the Lex Cath line jumped a half dozen times. But for some reason after halftime the officials decided FC couldn't do this anymore. The first time FC did it in the second half they were flagged. Not sure how it can be legal all season and all through the first half then all the sudden it's no longer legal. If they had been yelling snap counts you would think they would have been flagged in the first half or at least once during the season. It's a real mystery????????? LC had 11 flags for 55 yards. Almost all were for motion and I think one pass interference. FC had 4 and all came in the third quarter and helped LC continue a drive and get back in the game. hope FC takes the same stand as the Lexington schools have and only plays LC if they have too. Good luck CCH
[/b]

:sleep::sleep: The same stand? I dont hope for that at all, These two teams have been playing eachother great over the last years, always a fun game to see.

[/b][/b]

:sleep::sleep: The same stand? I dont hope for that at all, These two teams have been playing eachother great over the last years, always a fun game to see.

Exactly why won't the lexington public schools play Lexcath? Is it a directive from the school system or an agreement among the public school coaches or another reason?:confused:

I was at the game. No matter who won or lost, there is one thing for sure. Kentucky had better sign Ammons and Revere. Both of those guys have HEART, DETERMINATION and LEADERSHIP. Can you imagine Ammons at safety and Revere at corner? Maybe, just maybe Kentucky's secondary would knock down a pass and have an interception every now and then.

By the way, why is it that these 2 haven't been signed at this point of the season? College coaches, what are you looking for?