Louisville to hire Scott Satterfield

2-3-Zone

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts?

Good or bad hire card fans?

I am utterly dependent on the expertise of others here, but there's plenty to like about the guy. Seems well respected and the S&P+ numbers really like his teams.

At this point, hitting a home run is a little different than under other circumstances. Louisville isn't just rebuilding its football program, but from top to bottom is rebuilding its reputation. If he can get the Cardinals to .500 and a couple bowl games over the next few years, I'm perfectly content.

I just want to feel like I have a reason for going out to the stadium again.

UC was VERY close to hiring him 2 years ago. Ultimately I think it came down to Fickell's ties in Ohio that pushed him over the top, but I know the higher ups loved Satterfield as well and were really torn on who was the better fit. I think he's going to be a very strong hire for UL long term...

UC was VERY close to hiring him 2 years ago. Ultimately I think it came down to Fickell's ties in Ohio that pushed him over the top, but I know the higher ups loved Satterfield as well and were really torn on who was the better fit. I think he's going to be a very strong hire for UL long term...

Satterfield vs. Marrow.