Wisconson's Coach is Brilliant!!!

cshs81

As some of you know, college football added a new rule this year with the sole intent of speeding up the game. Now instead of the clock starting on a kickoff when the receiving team touches the ball, it starts when the kicker kicks it. In addition, after change of possession, the clock starts at the ready whistle and not when it snapped. EVERY college coach hates the rule.

Wisconsin's coach figured out how to use it to his team's advantage in an end of game kickoff situation. JoePA went nuts.

I must say one word for the Badgers coach: Brilliant!

This will hopefully get this rule changed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5WM94UOBg

Watch how far offsides the ENTIRE kickoff team is - TWICE.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you know, college football added a new rule this year with the sole intent of speeding up the game. Now instead of the clock starting on a kickoff when the receiving team touches the ball, it starts when the kicker kicks it. In addition, after change of possession, the clock starts at the ready whistle and not when it snapped. EVERY college coach hates the rule.

Wisconsin's coach figured out how to use it to his team's advantage in an end of game kickoff situation. JoePA went nuts.

I must say one word for the Badgers coach: Brilliant!

This will hopefully get this rule changed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5WM94UOBg

Watch how far offsides the ENTIRE kickoff team is - TWICE.

Great Coaching IMO

If only JoePa had known that is day was about to get a whole lot worse. Hopefully the NCAA will take notice of this game and realize how silly this new rule really is.

Agreed..But I will say one thing.The side ref was way to patient with him.He doesnt make the rule just follows them.After two warnings he would have seen the yellow flag flying from me.:irked:

The whole purpose of the new rules is to shorten the game, correct? Why not use the NFL rule of not stopping the clock on first down? Wouldn't that subtract a little time? And second, (AND THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!) why not reduce the number of media timeouts (or at least their length)? People are there to watch football, not sit idly while the media timeouts stretch toward 3,4 & 5 minutes.

The whole purpose of the new rules is to shorten the game, correct? Why not use the NFL rule of not stopping the clock on first down? Wouldn't that subtract a little time? .

I think the NFL rule will ultimately become the NCAA rule.

Great idea!

What bothers me is the rule is supposed to speed up the game. Well how come they take 3-5 mins looking at a replay or in media timeouts ?

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!! Replay is such a good idea in theory, but it seems like its a longer review every week.