Great music artists that aren’t great to you

ukcatfan17

Add U2 and The Doors to this list and I agree!

Those two are in my top 10. I do like probably 1/2 dozen songs from each of those bands though. And to clarify on G&R, I do like quite a few of their songs, but I don’t think they put out enough quality content to justify how highly revered they are. At the end their music was just bloated, pretentious, and overproduced, much like their lead singer.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...I was trying to think of his name when I posted the Bieber one, but couldn’t come up with it.

Youd be more likely to remember if your 11 year-old daughter was constantly singing “your body is a wonderland” at the time.

I love Prince...one of the most talented musicians ever.

That's the beauty of music. No one's musical taste fully aligns with anyone else's. Everyone's taste in music is different, no one is right and no one is wrong because it's about what you enjoy and no matter what, no one can change that. What I may consider an assault on the ears, someone else may love. I can't imagine life without music, nor would I want to.

Bingo! That’s why I believe there is also no such thing as a guilty pleasure.

Rolling Stone editor David Fricke once asked Springsteen if he had any guilty pleasures, such as ABBA.

Springsteen’s reply? “I wouldn’t consider them a guilty pleasure. They make great pop songs”.

• 4 weeks later...

Florence and the Machine. She can't sing a lick. She'd get the gong on The Voice if they had one.

Maybe I'm partial to the Irish...but I love U2.

Song Meanings at Songfacts - "Where the Streets Have No Name"

"In Ireland (and Northern Ireland), the many cities are divided: rich/poor, Catholic/Protestant, etc. By knowing which street a person lives on you can tell their religion, wealth and beliefs - it's where the streets have no name."

I'm sure I've said it before on here, but I just don't like the Beatles much at all. Maybe only 10 or 12 of their songs out of their entire catalog that I care to listen to whatsoever.

I get it, they were uber-important to rock and roll...yeah yeah yeah...I just don't like 'em.

That's my wife's position...she will reluctantly admit to liking a few songs, but insist they are over rated.

I'm sure I've said it before on here, but I just don't like the Beatles much at all. Maybe only 10 or 12 of their songs out of their entire catalog that I care to listen to whatsoever.

I get it, they were uber-important to rock and roll...yeah yeah yeah...I just don't like 'em.

Them's fightin' words.