UK 94 Lindsey Wilson 54

NHS BIG DADDY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played quite a bit and never seemed to get on track on offense.He had some charges and other calls go against him.He played quite a bit it seemed like.Sharp doesn't think he played much but when he was in there he was in the middle of the action.

You are right that he played more than I thought. I guess because he was not being talked about much and I was more interested in UK I did not notice.

The box scores says he played 16min. He was 1 for 3 FG, 1 Ast, 4 turnovers, and his total points was 2. Not a good night against a far superior team, but I am sure Vories will do very well at LW in his four year stay. He has the talent.

If that other exhibition game was a "good game" this was outstanding. :D

The freshmen looked fantastic. Looks like Stevenson could be a block machine, just as advertised.

The defense looked sketchy at times, but 94 points will overcome a few defensive mistakes.

Looks like we should have a few good options for different rotations. Using Meeks/Jasper, we can go with a fast team thats still big in the backcourt.

Overall, very impressed. Good start to the season.

I was getting ready to compliment UK on the game til I saw this one.

Did UK's starting shooting guard play? What about their best defender? Any scholarship seniors on the floor?

All three of those guys for U of L are Brandon Jenkins, who did not play. Neither did starter and team captain David Padgett. U of L was far from perfect the other night, but for an exhibition game against a pretty good NAIA team that already had a couple of games under their belt and us without those players, I was quite satisfied with what I saw.

For the record, the section I bolded is false. You'll get it if you think about it.

You are right that he played more than I thought. I guess because he was not being talked about much and I was more interested in UK I did not notice.

The box scores says he played 16min. He was 1 for 3 FG, 1 Ast, 4 turnovers, and his total points was 2. Not a good night against a far superior team, but I am sure Vories will do very well at LW in his four year stay. He has the talent.

Jeff played 16 minutes and will log some nice minutes for LWC this year. I am sure they are not looking for him to carry them this year but I do know the coach likes him and his style of play a lot and it fits their offense very well. I also know he has packed on 15 lbs of muscle since playing for the Birds which will help his offensive game a bunch.

UK's Frosh looked dynamite... cant wait to see them play this year and develop.

Did UK's starting shooting guard play? What about their best defender? Any scholarship seniors on the floor?

All three of those guys for U of L are Brandon Jenkins, who did not play. Neither did starter and team captain David Padgett. U of L was far from perfect the other night, but for an exhibition game against a pretty good NAIA team that already had a couple of games under their belt and us without those players, I was quite satisfied with what I saw.

I am a huge UK fan, but I think we all know the Cards will be a different team when they get those two back. It's just the nature of the beast, UK fans taking shots at UL fans. You gotta love it!

Jeff played 16 minutes and will log some nice minutes for LWC this year. I am sure they are not looking for him to carry them this year but I do know the coach likes him and his style of play a lot and it fits their offense very well. I also know he has packed on 15 lbs of muscle since playing for the Birds which will help his offensive game a bunch.

UK's Frosh looked dynamite... cant wait to see them play this year and develop.

If you read my post I said he played 16 min. No one said that LW was looking for him to carry the team. I thought he did look a little heavier. I wish the best for Jeff. He is a good kid from a good family. I am sure he will make a lot of noise for LW before he is threw.

I agree Jasper looked real good tonight, but where would you put Bradley if you start Jasper. You cant disregard Bradley game tonight because I mean Bradley did run the team pretty good tonight and himself 8 assists...

Very true. Tubby has some good problems to deal with after seeing the frosh play so well. Either way, it is good to have 2 PG's who can get the job done.

The main thing was that the team really looked like they were having a good time from beginning to end. Even Tubby was smiling and laughing. The coach for LW made the comment that the UK players really looked like they were developing chemistry very early. All in all, I enjoyed what I saw!

Morris looked great as well the rest of the Cats, but Morris needs to go up and Dunk everthing instead of those little weak looking layups, that was pothetic for him he missed one and almost another. But like I said he looked really good with that exception. I think the cats will have a good season, the freshman look great and they have a great shooting team.

C'mon. Just a little light hearted jab. All the UK fans giving UofL crap for the G'town game would have given UK 10,000 times as much crap for pulling the same thing.

Nobody is saying these two games have determined the fate of UofL/UK for the season.

And c'mon, UK was missing Sheray :D

For the record, the section I bolded is false. You'll get it if you think about it.

So you let one comment by one fan keep you from complimenting UK on this thread. Nice, if that was always the case then UL and UK fans couldnt possibly ever have anything nice to say about each other.

UK played great and has fans really excited! Life is good in Kentucky for atleast until the next game....lol

So you let one comment by one fan keep you from complimenting UK on this thread. Nice, if that was always the case then UL and UK fans couldnt possibly ever have anything nice to say about each other.

UK played great and has fans really excited! Life is good in Kentucky for atleast until the next game....lol

In my defense, anything nice that I was going to say has already been said. And it's not like I got a chance to see the game... I was busy at the biggest football game in the history of this state (well, equal to some of the better Male Manual tilts, and the Centre-Harvard game anyway ;) ). It probably just would have looked like this:

:thumb:

Come on now, are you saying that not a one of you UL fans would have had said something like that about UK if we had only won by 2 against Georgetown even if we were missing 2 starters or not...;)

Also we were missing our starting PF in Sheray Thomas, and had to start Orbzut instead. So I mean not having your starting PF hurts, but having Orbzut in there instead hurts alot more..:lol: :D