Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 94 Lindsey Wilson 54

Featured Replies

These CATS are lean. They seem to play as a team. They play like a KY team should...... All out!!! I was very impressed with what I saw last night.

 

:thumb: I agree they played hard, they played as a team, and most importantly they all seemed to be playing with alot of emotion and just having fun out there which sometimes is the most important thing...

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may sound like a broken record, but I was impressed with UK and their freshmen. I hope this is a preview of something we are going to see for the rest of the season.

Come on now, are you saying that not a one of you UL fans would have had said something like that about UK if we had only won by 2 against Georgetown even if we were missing 2 starters or not...;)

 

Also we were missing our starting PF in Sheray Thomas, and had to start Orbzut instead. So I mean not having your starting PF hurts, but having Orbzut in there instead hurts alot more..:lol: :D

Not gonna fly. Until I came out in Thomas' support, the thread announcing his suspension was practically a celebration.
Not gonna fly. Until I came out in Thomas' support, the thread announcing his suspension was practically a celebration.

 

Hey you didn't see me saying anything about it. He is someone who is not really going to do anything great for the team, but he is someone that can get in there and battle. Especially now with Perry playing the 3 and having Morris at the 5 it should take some pressure off of him because he actually would be surronded by other big men instead of having a guard next to him in the 3 spot. Also I know if he is not playing that means we probably would see Orbzut more and that is something I do not want to see....;)

These CATS are lean. They seem to play as a team. They play like a KY team should...... All out!!! I was very impressed with what I saw last night.

 

Let me guess - they're all "average", as well?

I, like everbody else, loved how good the freshman looked. Jasper's size as a point guard will really benefit him throughout the year. Stevenson's shot blocking ability was also impressive. He was only credited with 3 blocks, but had many more altered shots. Bradley only took a couple of quick shots last night, and looked a lot more like a point guard. I think, however by the time the SEC schedule rolls around, Jasper will be at the 1, Bradley at the 2, Crawford 3, Perry 4, and Morris 5.

Let me guess - they're all "average", as well?

 

:confused: :rolleyes:

Porter looked pretty quick to me tonight. Also Porter was recruited by Pete Carroll of USC to play defensive of back for them, so he must be pretty quick to be recruited by a big school like that to play defensive back. He is actually a quick white boy for a change...:D

 

I agree with everything you said about Meeks, he has great floor vision. But I would go a little further on Meeks than just saying he compares to Bogans. I know I might take alot of heat for this but he reminds me alot of Dwayne Wade in college, and hopefully he can end up being atleast half as good as Wade and we will have a great player, which I think he will be! :thumb:

 

I dont see the Wade comparisons, just my opinion.

When I look at comparing players to those in the past, I look at body types. For example, how much is a kid going to grow, can he handle putting on more weight and so forth.

Meeks body is not comparable to Wade because is is more muscular and squatty, at their respective stages, as freshman. Wade is longer and leaner, and has a certin element of smoothness to his game. Wade is particularly long as well. Meeks like Bogans, is more squatty. Has a nice solid build and not very long. By the time he is done strength will be an asset.

I see Jodie as being more of a north/south kind of player, while a Wade type kid slices and dices.

I, like everbody else, loved how good the freshman looked. Jasper's size as a point guard will really benefit him throughout the year. Stevenson's shot blocking ability was also impressive. He was only credited with 3 blocks, but had many more altered shots. Bradley only took a couple of quick shots last night, and looked a lot more like a point guard. I think, however by the time the SEC schedule rolls around, Jasper will be at the 1, Bradley at the 2, Crawford 3, Perry 4, and Morris 5.

That is possible, but Jasper played 3 different positions Thursday.

I agree with everything you said about Meeks, he has great floor vision. But I would go a little further on Meeks than just saying he compares to Bogans. I know I might take alot of heat for this but he reminds me alot of Dwayne Wade in college, and hopefully he can end up being atleast half as good as Wade and we will have a great player, which I think he will be! :thumb:

 

:eek: :eek: :eek:

 

Oh man...We're in trouble!!!:creepy:

I like the fact that Ramel Bradley had 10 points and 8 assists. Thats big if he can give you similar numbers to that. The team will struggle IMO early in the season because we are playing so many freshmen and even experienced players have different roles. But I cant wait to see this team come March!

 

3 plays stood out to me with the freshmen. Meeks and Jasper both took charges. And Porter wrestled the ball away from a Lyndsey Wilson big man and put the ball in on offense. They are going to be the type of smart players who are hard-nosed defenderst that will look great in Tubby's system.

To add to that a nice stat was ZERO turnovers for Ramel.

I, like everbody else, loved how good the freshman looked. Jasper's size as a point guard will really benefit him throughout the year. Stevenson's shot blocking ability was also impressive. He was only credited with 3 blocks, but had many more altered shots. Bradley only took a couple of quick shots last night, and looked a lot more like a point guard. I think, however by the time the SEC schedule rolls around, Jasper will be at the 1, Bradley at the 2, Crawford 3, Perry 4, and Morris 5.

 

I hope not, I think this team is alot better off when we keep Perry at the 3. Now I know he will be at the 4 sometimes this year, but I much rather him be playing the 3 more than the 4 spot this year...

Tubby would like to keep Perry at the 3. We will go a little smaller with Perry at the 4 sometimes, but if he can help it he will not go with that lineup, at least as a starting lineup. If Ramel keeps the TO's down and doesnt take a lot of bad shots, I see no reason for him to lose his starting job or move to the 2.

Tubby would like to keep Perry at the 3. We will go a little smaller with Perry at the 4 sometimes, but if he can help it he will not go with that lineup, at least as a starting lineup. If Ramel keeps the TO's down and doesnt take a lot of bad shots, I see no reason for him to lose his starting job or move to the 2.

 

:thumb:

I thought Tory Robertson signed with Lindsey Wilson. Did not see him in the stat line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.