Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 94 Lindsey Wilson 54

Featured Replies

Final. 5 players scored in double figures around 10 players got pretty significant amount of minutes.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final: Great showing by the Cats tonight, this is a basketball "TEAM" - play together with no "Rondo all about Me" players. Perry. Meeks, Jasper and Stevenson all looked very good. This UK team is going to be much better than a lot of people expected, myself included. Oh yeah, and thery can shoot the ball and hit free throws!!

To be perfectly honest I was very impressed.

Very impressive start for the Cats, granted it wasnt the Gators or Tar Heels, but hey we looked good.

Jasper is quickly becoming my favorite. I thought they played well. Last years team cant touch this team.

I really enjoyed watching this version of the Cats. They ran up and down the floor, and made things happen.

Freshmen looked nice. Stevenson will contribute defensively, but not going to be much on offense. Jasper and Meeks will be special before they are done. Both will give quality minutes. Jasper is what the Cats need at PG. Porter can give some quality minutes on the perimeter. Plays D and will take care of the ball when he gets used to the speed.

Morris played well in the first half. Didn't see much from Woo, and Carter plays decent at garbage time with the freshmen. Perry, Bradley, Crawford were solid and will be what we expect out of them more than likely.

Just some short observations while I was flipping back and forth with the UL-WVU game.

  • Author

The offense was pretty impressive and looks like Tubby is finally taking the chains of the boys and letting them run. The only thing that I didnt like was how many uncontested open shots UK gave up. Gotta get a little better on the defensive end. Should have a solid 10 player rotation this season (11 if you include Jared Carter).

I was happy with the freshmen tonight. Looks like they will contribute early. Bradley looked a little out of control a few times, but offensively, I think we will be able to put up some points.

Maybe it is just because it was fresh on my mind, but just looking at the team physcially, you can tell the strength and conditioning coach is making a difference. From seeing highlights of Stevenson before hand, I was shocked to see how much he has bulked up.

 

The freshman potential is there, you can see it.

 

PG play is going to be a question mark all season. Do not be suprised to see Jasper running the show full-time by mid-season.. or at least playing a good portion of the minutes.

 

As much as he has been bashed on (and deservingly so many times), Bobby Perry is going to be a fine (solid may be a better word) basketball player this season.

Nice win. I got to watch the 2nd half and listen to the 1st half. I loved what I saw. I know it was just an exhibition against an NAIA school. Meeks, thus far, has shot the ball better than I expected, which is exciting. And Jasper is a player! Porter and Stevenson both played their roles very well also.

You can already tell this Freshman class is going to be good. Good showing by the Cats tonight.

Well I was at the game, and I really loved what I saw from the Cats. There was some things that they need to work on, but for their first exhibition game they looked really good.

 

I know this was a NAIA school, so you cant really read to much into it, but Morris really looked strong tonight. I use to hate Perry more than anyone, but he has all of a sudden become one of my favorite players on the team. Crawford looked good slashing to the whole, and Bradley did a real good job running the offense IMO. I know Bradley ended up finishing with 8 assists, so not much more you can expect from your starting PG.

 

Now for the Freshman, they are all just ball players. Jasper looked real good tonight with alot of good passes. Meeks was shooting the ball really well. Perry Stevenson looks like a shorter version of Shargari to me, but alot more athletic and just actually can help out the team alot. Porter I believe as I been saying for awhile now, I believe will be the steal out of this class. He is a good ball player that plays hard and is able to shoot the ball really well. I know I really look forward to watching him play and just all the freshman. Even the Coury (sp.) kid looked like he could be a player somebody, he has a good build and seems to hustle alot. But I wouldn't expect much from him till like his junior season but I think he could end up being a decent ball player.

 

The one thing about this team that I think could be the problem is the center position. Morris will do a great job for us this year, but if he gets in foul trouble which he does do sometimes, we still have no one to back him up. And with the Florida's and LSU's in the league we will need someone to come in if he gets in foul trouble. I think Perry Stevenson could do good down low, but I dont know how he would do by him self in there without Morris going against the big boys.

 

Other than that I loved everything I saw from this team, they all seemed to be running and just playing with alot of heart and energy. That is something we didn't see at all last year, and so seeing this in just an exhibition game really has got me excited. As I said I know it was against a NAIA, but I just really liked what I saw from the team and how they played. I really think this team could do some special things this year!!!

I thought UK would win by about 18-22 points. The freshmen are ahead of where I thought they would be. Much more impressive in attitude then last year's team. Jasper will be the PG before midseason if he keeps progressing. Sees the floor very well, great passer. I was much more impressed by them in this early exhibition then I thought would be. Now, back to the UL/WVU game.

I thought UK would win by about 18-22 points. The freshmen are ahead of where I thought they would be. Much more impressive in attitude then last year's team. Jasper will be the PG before midseason if he keeps progressing. Sees the floor very well, great passer. I was much more impressed by them in this early exhibition then I thought would be. Now, back to the UL/WVU game.

 

I agree Jasper looked real good tonight, but where would you put Bradley if you start Jasper. You cant disregard Bradley game tonight because I mean Bradley did run the team pretty good tonight and himself 8 assists...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.