Henderson Co./2 years probation

live4jc

KHSAA penalizes HCHS

The Kentucky High School Athletic Association has suspended Henderson County football coach Duffer Duffy from Friday's playoff game with Apollo and also fined the school's athletic department $7,000 for allowing an ineligible player to practice last season.

T.J. McElveen, a senior on this year's football team, was ruled ineligible for last season following his transfer from the New Orleans area. Though McElveen did not participate in any games during his ineligibility period from Aug. 3, 2005 to Aug. 3, 2006, he did participate in 46 practices during the 2005 season and one scrimmage in July 2006, according to a press release from the school system.

The rest of the story

If there is a $7000 fine and a one game playoff suspension of the head coach for allowing this transfer to practice, what would the penalty have been had this youngster played in every game?

Something doesn't add up here and maybe someone closer to this situation might shed some light.

If there is a $7000 fine and a one game playoff suspension of the head coach for allowing this transfer to practice, what would the penalty have been had this youngster played in every game?

Something doesn't add up here and maybe someone closer to this situation might shed some light.

What doesn't add up? Duffer let TJ practice and is now taking the punishment for it, nothing more nothing less.

On a side note, not making an excuse for letting TJ practice but the KHSAA fouled this one up from the start.

TJ moved before Katrina but his transfer paper work was still in New Orleans. The KHSAA didn't care and said with the paper work he couldn't play. I guess Duffer could have rented some scub gear.
What were the circumstances of Henderson's dealings with the KHSAA on the issue? Had he been ruled ineligible before Katrina hit, or was the paperwork process disrupted by Katrina?

Just curious of the details ...

What were the circumstances of Henderson's dealings with the KHSAA on the issue? Had he been ruled ineligible before Katrina hit, or was the paperwork process disrupted by Katrina?

Just curious of the details ...

That I don't know. I believe they said he was ineligible until they got the correct paper work then Katrina hit making it impossible to get the paper work. But I can't say that for sure.