Should Nick Saban resign?

John Anthony

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you’re telling me is it’s okay for Saban to take players accused of DV? That’s all I needed, thanks all.

Did I say that? I merely compared the two situations for you. Both Urban Meyer and Saban were willing to give a suspected DV offender a second chance. At the first sign of a second incident, Saban ended the second chance and Meyer didn't. This comparison proves Saban is tougher on DV than Meyer. How do any of those facts help Meyer?

JA ... you are arguing that crime is ok if you can get away with it.

Did I say that? I merely compared the two situations for you. Both Urban Meyer and Saban were willing to give a suspected DV offender a second chance. At the first sign of a second incident, Saban ended the second chance and Meyer didn't. This comparison proves Saban is tougher on DV than Meyer. How do any of those facts help Meyer?

It doesn’t matter if you said it, he’s going to say you said it :lol2:

Yes, it’s from 2014. If you believe in schools taking players accused, why are you after OSU when it’s just accusations????

Well first of all I’m not “after” OSU... Your boy knew about his assistant beating his wife for three plus years and left him on staff. You’re trying to convince yourself that’s okay. I just think the irony and hypocrisy is hilarious.

You are arguing that it’s okay to take kids accused. He plead guilty, Smith was also accused but never plead guilty.

Well first of all I’m not “after” OSU... Your boy knew about his assistant beating his wife for three plus years and left him on staff. You’re trying to convince yourself that’s okay. I just think the irony and hypocrisy is hilarious.

Again, he reported it and it was investigated by the police. There was no trial period unlike the Alabama situation, where he goes to the NFL before he’s charged and everyone forgets about Saban taking him.

You are arguing that it’s okay to take kids accused. He plead guilty, Smith was also accused but never plead guilty.

You're defending Urban for keeping a guy that was “only” accused, and trying to make a point by saying Saban took a kid who was also only accused...

Again, he reported it and it was investigated by the police. There was no trial period unlike the Alabama situation, where he goes to the NFL before he’s charged and everyone forgets about Saban taking him.

He was on staff for three years and was just fired.... No trial period?

It was hot outside today.

What am I arguing for in that statement?

Nothing. I am not saying I like it hot or don't like it hot. I am just stating facts. Same thing in my comments here. I am just stating facts about Saban and Meyer. I am not arguing for or against anything either of them did. Simple fact comparison.

It was hot outside today.

What am I arguing for in that statement?

Nothing. I am not saying I like it hot or don't like it hot. I am just stating facts. Same thing in my comments here. I am just stating facts about Saban and Meyer. I am not arguing for or against anything either of them did. Simple fact comparison.

It was hot today and it’s also almost 1am. Are you saying you condemn coaches taking kids accused of DV, or are you saying it’s their discretion?

Only one party here has a conviction. If you all support schools signing kids accused of DV, that’s on you.

Was he convicted when the school took him? No he was not.

Was he gone from the school in 3 months? Yes, never played a down. He got one chance at redeeming himself and failed.

The conviction didn't happen for over a year and a half after he left the school.

Urban has admitted to knowing Smith beat his wife in 2009 and 2015 and still kept him 3 more years.