Cardinals 5 Tigers 4

sweet16

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, said "I think LaRussa has done a better job than Leyland also, putting the ball in play, stealing a base last night, bunting....make the Tigers make the play and they are having trouble, with the fundamental plays".

Which means his team seems better prepared, to handle the situation which arise throughout the game and fundamentally (bunting, hitting behind runner, fielding plays) Detroit is struggling. LaRussa is having his Cardinals, put the ball in play and make the Tigers, get them out....which they are struggling at.

Do you think that has anything to do with the Cardinals for the most part has been there done that in the playoffs while the Tigers have not?

Do you think that has anything to do with the Cardinals for the most part has been there done that in the playoffs while the Tigers have not?
Could be but LaRussa plays small often and the Cardinals regular season, often is the same in the playoffs.

At the same time, the E's that the Tigers are making are mental errors, from the pitching staff, which is just simply lack of concentration and rushing. I always thought teams took PFP for granted, at every level of play and the last two games, critical E's resulted from the pitchers.

Granderson's slip, was just that but give the Cardinals credit, they are getting key hits, the hustle play by Rolen to get a 2B and forcing the Tigers to make a play and Eckstein last night was clutch.

It was a bittersweet night for the Mayor. He continues to prove his ability with the bat. One of the best low ball hitters I have watched. He can look horrible on one pitch and then beat you on the next pitch.

I am sure he would trade the hits for the win any day. It would be nice to see Casey take home a ring but it doesn't look good for mighty Casey.

He has been and always will be one of my favorite players.

I still don't see this series ending in 5. The Tigers have been playing dead so far but I don't think they are going to roll over because this is win or go home and if they have to I think they may bring in 1 or 2 starters to pitch relief if they have too. I think the series is going game 7. It's ain't over till it's over, and if everyone remembers I'm pretty sure that in the 2001 world series New York was up or down 3-1 against Arizona and that went to game 7, I may be wrong but I think I'm right.

It was a bittersweet night for the Mayor. He continues to prove his ability with the bat. One of the best low ball hitters I have watched. He can look horrible on one pitch and then beat you on the next pitch.

I am sure he would trade the hits for the win any day. It would be nice to see Casey take home a ring but it doesn't look good for mighty Casey.

He has been and always will be one of my favorite players.

:thumb: :thumb:

I will give "the genius" credit for one move and that was benching Rolen. Since that night the guy has been the best hitter in the postseason.

You have a good point but I just find it hard to give the "man who invented baseball" credit for anything. Not that he isn't a good manager, just that he is pompass jek.:D