Cardinals 5 Tigers 4

sweet16

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cardinals have played well in the post season, since the position players starting getting healthy and excellent pitching performances.

The Tigers have been woeful at the plate, until last night but defensive breakdowns and timely hitting with runners in scoring position, has all but done them in. I think LaRussa has done a better job than Leyland also, putting the ball in play, stealing a base last night, bunting....make the Tigers make the play and they are having trouble, with the fundamental plays.

It would take a monumental effort for Detroit, to take this to game #7 but stranger things have happened. My two favorite teams and two excellent managers.

I did get the score right though, but picked Detroit to win....:sssh:

The Cardinals have played well in the post season, since the position players starting getting healthy and excellent pitching performances.

The Tigers have been woeful at the plate, until last night but defensive breakdowns and timely hitting with runners in scoring position, has all but done them in. I think LaRussa has done a better job than Leyland also, putting the ball in play, stealing a base last night, bunting....make the Tigers make the play and they are having trouble, with the fundamental plays.

It would take a monumental effort for Detroit, to take this to game #7 but stranger things have happened. My two favorite teams and two excellent managers.

I did get the score right though, but picked Detroit to win....:sssh:

LaRussa is putting the ball in play now?

So if the Tigers force Game 7 you have to throw Reyes vs. Robertson? I don't like the decision by "the genius" to throw Weaver tonight. I say throw Reyes on full rest in Game 5, then you have Weaver and Carpenter on full rest for 6 and 7. No way the Tigers would win all 3 vs. them ALL on full rest.

LaRussa is putting the ball in play now?
No, said "I think LaRussa has done a better job than Leyland also, putting the ball in play, stealing a base last night, bunting....make the Tigers make the play and they are having trouble, with the fundamental plays".

Which means his team seems better prepared, to handle the situation which arise throughout the game and fundamentally (bunting, hitting behind runner, fielding plays) Detroit is struggling. LaRussa is having his Cardinals, put the ball in play and make the Tigers, get them out....which they are struggling at.