Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinals 5 Tigers 4

Featured Replies

Cards go up 3-1 in the series behind Eckstein's 4-5 with 2 RBIs

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big performance from Wainwright. Detroit is going to need a miracle...

Who would have thought. Everyone thought they were the worst team to make the playoff and here they are on the verge of a Series win in game 5.

Who would have thought. Everyone thought they were the worst team to make the playoff and here they are on the verge of a Series win in game 5.

I picked the Cards in 5. When are you guys going to listen... :D

I picked the Cards in 5. When are you guys going to listen... :D

If I remember correctly you picked SD to beat them.:sssh: :D

If I remember correctly you picked SD to beat them.:sssh: :D

I picked every 1st round game wrong... :lol:

If St. Louis wins the series, I think it shows just how watered down the game has become. Some people call it parity. I call it a lack of talent and depth league-wide.

Cards go up 3-1 in the series behind Eckstein's 4-5 with 2 RBIs

 

Anybody but freakin' Eckstein. :mad:

I picked the Cards in 5. When are you guys going to listen... :D

 

Hey I picked St.Louis to make the World Series if that counts for anything...:D

It appears to be in the Cards tonight!

Way to go Cards!

The Cardinals have played well in the post season, since the position players starting getting healthy and excellent pitching performances.

 

The Tigers have been woeful at the plate, until last night but defensive breakdowns and timely hitting with runners in scoring position, has all but done them in. I think LaRussa has done a better job than Leyland also, putting the ball in play, stealing a base last night, bunting....make the Tigers make the play and they are having trouble, with the fundamental plays.

 

It would take a monumental effort for Detroit, to take this to game #7 but stranger things have happened. My two favorite teams and two excellent managers.

 

I did get the score right though, but picked Detroit to win....:sssh:

Also makes you realize how close the Reds came this year. Jr healthy and Dunn hitting in September and they probably take the Cardinals spot in the playoffs.

The Cardinals have played well in the post season, since the position players starting getting healthy and excellent pitching performances.

 

The Tigers have been woeful at the plate, until last night but defensive breakdowns and timely hitting with runners in scoring position, has all but done them in. I think LaRussa has done a better job than Leyland also, putting the ball in play, stealing a base last night, bunting....make the Tigers make the play and they are having trouble, with the fundamental plays.

 

It would take a monumental effort for Detroit, to take this to game #7 but stranger things have happened. My two favorite teams and two excellent managers.

 

I did get the score right though, but picked Detroit to win....:sssh:

 

LaRussa is putting the ball in play now?

So if the Tigers force Game 7 you have to throw Reyes vs. Robertson? I don't like the decision by "the genius" to throw Weaver tonight. I say throw Reyes on full rest in Game 5, then you have Weaver and Carpenter on full rest for 6 and 7. No way the Tigers would win all 3 vs. them ALL on full rest.

LaRussa is putting the ball in play now?
No, said "I think LaRussa has done a better job than Leyland also, putting the ball in play, stealing a base last night, bunting....make the Tigers make the play and they are having trouble, with the fundamental plays".

 

Which means his team seems better prepared, to handle the situation which arise throughout the game and fundamentally (bunting, hitting behind runner, fielding plays) Detroit is struggling. LaRussa is having his Cardinals, put the ball in play and make the Tigers, get them out....which they are struggling at.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.