Zion Harmon to Marshall County?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So KHSAA sends out tweet today. Just out of the blue, here is a part of what they are “reminding” people of.

“Even if an exception has been satisfied, that exception can be negated and a waiver not granted if there is sufficient evidence of a transfer motivated by athletics as detailed in Section 3.”

So my question is how will this kid get Eligible?

So KHSAA sends out tweet today. Just out of the blue, here is a part of what they are “reminding” people of.

“Even if an exception has been satisfied, that exception can be negated and a waiver not granted if there is sufficient evidence of a transfer motivated by athletics as detailed in Section 3.”

So my question is how will this kid get Eligible?

His dad has a profession that allows him to move so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I am hoping that he is eligible and allowed to play immediately. If he is eligible according to school standards(he has a 3.8 GPA) then let him play.

I agree, he kid is a beast, heck of a talent and one that no one wants to see sit out. However, if your a coach or fan of a team in Marshall region, then your not sitting back and “watching” to see what happens. Those dudes are complaining right now. I think a kid should play his 4 years where he feels comfortable, but I don’t write the rules, and there is no way this is not slightly athletically motivates, so the ball is in the KHSAA court. I am just curious how the regional people in Marshall county area feel.

I think a kid should play his 4 years where he feels comfortable, but I don’t write the rules, and there is no way this is not slightly athletically motivates, so the ball is in the KHSAA court. I am just curious how the regional people in Marshall county area feel.

I disagree. Whenever you have a job, do you quit and find a new job whenever there’s something you don’t like or not “comfortable”? This is teaching kids the wrong outlook on life. You’re never going to find the perfect basketball program.

I disagree. Whenever you have a job, do you quit and find a new job whenever there’s something you don’t like or not “comfortable”? This is teaching kids the wrong outlook on life. You’re never going to find the perfect basketball program.

So you should stay in a job, that for whatever reason, isn’t working out for you? Especially if you have an opportunity to improve some aspect of your life in changing jobs? Sorry, adults change jobs all the time (I’ve done it myself several times), and using this analogy as a reason why kids shouldn’t transfer doesn’t work.

I agree, he kid is a beast, heck of a talent and one that no one wants to see sit out. However, if your a coach or fan of a team in Marshall region, then your not sitting back and “watching” to see what happens. Those dudes are complaining right now. I think a kid should play his 4 years where he feels comfortable, but I don’t write the rules, and there is no way this is not slightly athletically motivates, so the ball is in the KHSAA court. I am just curious how the regional people in Marshall county area feel.

The only people mad in Marshall County will be the family and friends of the kid that loses time on the court because of Zion. As long as Zion is likable then those will be the only people mad.

I have zero reason to believe they are looking for a perfect basketball program. No way that is their motivation.

In One Great Scorer defense, I am not sure that moving jobs yearly while also tweeting his son is down to “certain schools” is about better job opportunities. But hey, may be wrong. Did he transfer jobs that much in the past? Good wuestion

He’s been at a different school every year since the 6th grade. In 6th grade he was in Maryland. 7th grade, Tennessse. 8th grade Bowling Green. 9th grade Adair County. From what I have gathered his family has already moved to Marshall County and his dad is already working.

Seems to me he is teaching his kid that if he does things the right way he can control his employment and have the flexibility he wants to do whatever he wants to do. That’s bad how?

If I knew I could make the same or better money with the same benefits working in Lexington I’d have applied for that job and gotten myself interview ready.

I have zero reason to believe they are looking for a perfect basketball program. No way that is their motivation.

Agreed. Not that Marshall County is bad, but there are many better basketball situations than Marshall County. Think about it, he’s already played on a state championship team. If it was all about basketball, he would have stayed at BG.