Zion Harmon to Marshall County?

Hearing he is enrolled at Scott County now. This is going to be fun.

Not sure this is the word I would use but an interesting development. What's the state record for most schools enrolled in during a one month period?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to Zion and family for exposing the transfer rule for what it is...a sham. If he’s allowed to do it I have no issues with the young man for moving where his family thinks he can be most successful. Now, the KHSAA just needs to admit the transfer rule is nearly unenforceable and cave it or enforce it. I am good with either.

I see no problem. SC Lost to Covington Catholic who I believe had a kid that lives in Ohio. If private schools get whoever they want from wherever they want so should public schools. As long as the kid is getting an education that’s all that matters. It’s not like he isn’t going to skip all of his classes and just play basketball. I may be one of the very few who sees it this way but that’s ok. It’s just an opinion. Lol

Oh the perils of not keeping your mouth shut on social media.......:lol: It's completely laughable right now on what has been put out there by this kids dad & if he said it the way he did, I feel sorry for him for not knowing how it would be spread from Pikeville to Paducah in about 7 minutes.

I see no problem. SC Lost to Covington Catholic who I believe had a kid that lives in Ohio. If private schools get whoever they want from wherever they want so should public schools. As long as the kid is getting an education that’s all that matters. It’s not like he isn’t going to skip all of his classes and just play basketball. I may be one of the very few who sees it this way but that’s ok. It’s just an opinion. Lol

I'm in the same boat. I don't care if a kid plays for six different schools (7th-12th grades), and I also don't care if it's for athletic reasons. He still has to make the grades regardless of where he plays, so what's the big deal? Some kids know athletics are their only possibility for a bright future (not saying that's the deal in Harmon's case). Let them pursue that however they want.

Correct, Fredrick lived in Ohio.

Wherever he ends up, no coach is not going to play him if he is a citizen like any one else in the school why would they not.

Have you seen the article in the Lexington herald yet? I love billy hicks response saying he would love to have some interest there and appreciates the Harmon’s putting them in the mix.

Here is the link if you haven’t seen it.

Zion Harmon could transfer to another Kentucky high school or out-of-state prep school | Lexington Herald Leader