Gen Z Is Killing Cash

ColonelPops

Well I was just thinking, what do you count gift cards as? Because I drive so much, when I go to Krogers, I will buy gift cards for the usual lunch stops, and then use the gift cards for lunch purchases.

Anything that isn’t physical currency is what I prefer. Gift cards are similar to a debit card in my eyes.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely have cash, and 99.9% of the time I do, I use it to drop into the buckets of the people collecting in an intersection or I will give to a homeless person. I’m like MJ, in my mind, cash is already gone. I am much more diligent in watching what I spend on credit cards.

1) Curious how much cash do you carry on you at any one time? I think for me to have enough cash on me to cover any possible expense on a given weekend would probably be north of $200.

2) I guess I’d rather have my spare money sitting in a bank earning interest as opposed to in my safe.

That’s why you budget everything. You know exactly how much money to have on you at all times.

Dont have a debit card or ATM card for my bank accounts to use. When I need cash I got into the bank and get it. I use my credit card for lots of things over $100 or so.

How is using a credit card any different than using a debit card, in terms of safety?

I use cash for everything. Other than gas. I use my debit card for that.

Haven't even had a CC in my wallet in over a year.

I’m the same way! I changed it up with my debit at gas stations after I fell trap to one of those skimmer things. Someone was able to make a copy of my debit card and took out 1500 bucks from an ATM. The bank advised me to use cash or credit at gas stations. Apparently that’s safer.

Yeah that’s a difference, but most banks reimburse all ATM fees anymore.

I thought the same until I got zinged for 2.75 with no 5/3 on the map. Usually only hit it up for my allowance but was out of town and needed cash for cover charges.