Gen Z Is Killing Cash

ColonelPops

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that, its much easier mentally to swipe a card than it is to hand over hard cash.

No doubt. I used to do the whole, pay it off each month thing with credit cards. Once we started using cash for everything, it was eye-opening the amount of money we save each month simply by using cash and our debit card compared to credit.

My kids range from 22-30 years old, none of them carry cash even when driving home which can be up to over 200 miles one way. Drives me nuts.

I’m in that age range and my parents always told me the same thing and I never understood why it mattered? What would I possibly need cash for?

I’m in that age range and my parents always told me the same thing and I never understood why it mattered? What would I possibly need cash for?

I've been at a gas station where the card machines were down before. That would really suck if you didn't have any cash and were in desperate need of gas.

Any type of emergency purchase. The system could be down where you have to stop. There are several exits along their routes where there is but a single facility for gas. If they're experiencing an outage on their debit/credit system that would be a problem.

I've been at a gas station where the card machines were down before. That would really suck if you didn't have any cash and were in desperate need of gas.

Any type of emergency purchase. The system could be down where you have to stop. There are several exits along their routes where there is but a single facility for gas. If they're experiencing an outage on their debit/credit system that would be a problem.

ATM down too? Odds of both being down is very slim. The one thing my parents did always tell me that I do follow is to never let my tank get below a 1/3 of a tank so I also wouldn’t ever really be in that situation to begin with.

ATM down too? Odds of both being down is very slim. The one thing my parents did always tell me that I do follow is to never let my tank get below a 1/3 of a tank so I also wouldn’t ever really be in that situation to begin with.

Not every gas station, especially those off exits with one little gas stop, have ATM machines.

Why not start out with the cash rather than rely on an ATM that may or may not be available? Never hurts to be prepared for the unexpected.