Kes Murphy Is Coach At Notre Dame Academy

The landscape of the 9th region will be interesting with this hire. As much as ppl think that this was a good hire for NDA, there are alot more that goes into coaching and everything that glitters aint gold. I know that there will be some girls that were suppose to go to NDA that will be looking for another school because of this hire.

NDA is certainly not right for everyone as no school is. But for the girl that does want to excel academically, be the best prepared for college academics as possible and is willing to be pushed and work hard, there is not a better school in NKY IMO. I would recommend any family thinking long and hard before going to another school simply over a coaching change.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking a school for your child is a tough decision especially if they play sports. You want your child to have a overall good high school experience. If I know that the coach at high school A is a "salesmen" and is only out for themselves, I don't know if I would want my child to attend that school and play for that coach. I am not saying that I would not want my child to face adversity but I want my child to be given a chance and not treated unfairly because of previous biases.

Makes you wonder why he would leave Holy Cross with what he has returning and the your players he has coming up.

Which is the higher profile job? What if a person's end game is not to be coaching at the HS level forever? I believe it would be a huge + on someone's resume to be the person that turns this program around.

Which is the higher profile job? What if a person's end game is not to be coaching at the HS level forever? I believe it would be a huge + on someone's resume to be the person that turns this program around.

ND's Coach Lavidusky if I am spelling it correctly turned the program around and took them to a state final and was fired before the next season so before careful what you wish for.

IMO ND is a soccer and volleyball school the will have years where they will compete in basketball but not as consistent as it would at Holy Cross.

Which makes me wonder why he made the move.

The best thing about this hire is how mad ND supposedly was at Kes during the time of the "HC about to get Death Penalty thread". That was only 2 years ago. Haha. Some people were really really far off in that thread. My first post in there asked if we could get it moved to the classic forum if nothing happened.

The best thing about this hire is how mad ND supposedly was at Kes during the time of the "HC about to get Death Penalty thread". That was only 2 years ago. Haha. Some people were really really far off in that thread. My first post in there asked if we could get it moved to the classic forum if nothing happened.

Its absolutely hilarious.

Are you putting this in the category of if you can't beat them join them?

Are you putting this in the category of if you can't beat them join them?

Lately he has beat them so I wouldnt say that but I think "birds of a feather flock together." Kes did not fit in with the HC community, he is built to be around the NDA-Cov Cath community. I will say that he has put a unwanted target on NDA and even more now, everyone will want to knock them off.

I was wondering if anyone would bring this up! This is the first thing that came to my mind!

Lately he has beat them so I wouldnt say that but I think "birds of a feather flock together." Kes did not fit in with the HC community, he is built to be around the NDA-Cov Cath community. I will say that he has put a unwanted target on NDA and even more now, everyone will want to knock them off.

I am looking at that from the NDA side - if you can't beat them join them. Complain like crazy unless he is on your side, right?