Kes Murphy Is Coach At Notre Dame Academy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

IMO, this team will be very disciplined, and "coached-up" for every game. Coach will bring a sense of intensity that hasn't been seen at NDA for quite some time. This was a fantastic hire, and, the fans will be very satisfied from the onset of the first practice. The players will love him "after" they get use to his style, and the tempo of his game mandates. Parents on the other hand... will require some time to get used to his method(s). It should be fun to watch this season.

IMO, this team will be very disciplined, and "coached-up" for every game. Coach will bring a sense of intensity that hasn't been seen at NDA for quite some time. This was a fantastic hire, and, the fans will be very satisfied from the onset of the first practice. The players will love him "after" they get use to his style, and the tempo of his game mandates. Parents on the other hand... will require some time to get used to his method(s). It should be fun to watch this season.

NDA will be a good team to watch but I think it would have been that way regardless of who the coach was. The talent that was destined to come into the school had a rich tradition of winning and playing together for years. The younger talent in the program last year already proved that they could win with by the freshmen having an above .500 winning percentage and the JV having an above .500 winning percentage and a winning the JV regional. Not saying Kes is not a good coach but he got put in a very good situation.

Hey, I don't have a horse in this race. However, I very much value good coaching. You can have the best talent in the world, but if you have terrible coaching, you aren't going to win many games. Over the last 3 season's, the NDA varsity girls have a 34-48 record. They may have some talented kids, but they just got a great Coach. Everything combined above will bring the victories. Again, the kids won't have any problems with Coach. Heck, they're already showing positive signs in their summer games. The parents are the one(s) that will slowly & gradually warm-up to Coach, after they see the hard work and results. So far, so good, IMO.

"I heard there aren't many girls who returned from last years team is that true?"

True. Next year, Ryle has everyone back. So does Conner and Holy Cross. The incoming class of Freshmen at NDA is best basketball class they have had in a long time. This is a group of legitimate high end AAU type of players. The sophomore group is a very athletic group. The team will be young and as someone stated above very fun to watch over the next few years.

Hey, I don't have a horse in this race. However, I very much value good coaching. You can have the best talent in the world, but if you have terrible coaching, you aren't going to win many games. Over the last 3 season's, the NDA varsity girls have a 34-48 record. They may have some talented kids, but they just got a great Coach. Everything combined above will bring the victories. Again, the kids won't have any problems with Coach. Heck, they're already showing positive signs in their summer games. The parents are the one(s) that will slowly & gradually warm-up to Coach, after they see the hard work and results. So far, so good, IMO.

This sounds like Assumption's basketball program in a nutshell! Heard Summer ball for Assumption was going extremely well with Stacy Pendleton at the helm!