Nationals at Reds (3/29-4/1)

Issue there is it doesnt change anything, Hamilton still can only run and catch.

If he is going to stay in the lineup I don't see a viable alternative. He can't bat leadoff or this team will not make any progress or have any insight into what a guy like Winker can bring to the table in the future.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It literally makes zero sense to not play Winker for at least 125-130 games this year.

He's a huge part of the future of this organization and you have to know what you have.

He needs to be the everyday leadoff hitter. I'd trade Duvall for what I could get and bat Hamilton 9th.

I'd like to see Winker get an everyday spot and the other 3 rotate the remaining 2 positions.

IMO, a rotation would be detrimental to everyone. They wouldn't be able to get into any kind of consistent groove or rhythm. They need to trade away one of the holdovers because they're all below average IMO. Winker should play 145-150 games.

IMO, a rotation would be detrimental to everyone. They wouldn't be able to get into any kind of consistent groove or rhythm. They need to trade away one of the holdovers because they're all below average IMO. Winker should play 145-150 games.

I would be fine trading one of them away as well. If they are going to trade one I would say Duvall. He's been useless the second half of the season two years in a row. If Price does want to rotate them though, I think it would actually help Duvall out. I'm not sure why he has struggled in the 2nd half, but I would say getting some more rest would help keep him fresh further into the season.

Issue there is it doesnt change anything, Hamilton still can only run and catch.

And what's frustrating with the guy he's incapable of working a walk to utilize the speed. You'd think he'd pick up something from Votto by now in regards to that aspect of the game.

This team is going nowhere because they have not addressed their biggest issue. Pitching Starters they have counted on can’t stay healthy and the young guys have not developed for whatever reason. You can only go as far as pitching will take you. Unfortunately the staff is still at bottom of league. Wish they would have added a Cobb or Lynn to anchor rotation

This team is going nowhere because they have not addressed their biggest issue. Pitching Starters they have counted on can’t stay healthy and the young guys have not developed for whatever reason. You can only go as far as pitching will take you. Unfortunately the staff is still at bottom of league. Wish they would have added a Cobb or Lynn to anchor rotation

Agree with you somewhat. You guys realize that the none of the 3 pitchers the Reds got for Cueto are on the MLB roster for opening day this year. None of them. That trade has turned out to be a big failure.

How about Robert Stephenson, remember him, highly touted prospect, the next big pitcher, wait hes not on the roster either..........

Pitchers get injured, part of the game, but why do they stay injured on the Reds, for years at a time........

Well he did hit .200 in spring and had a .278 obp!

Honestly if his OBP would be 78 points above his career batting average of .248 he would be okay on offense given how good he is in CF. But I have zero confidence that is the case. He's fun to watch when he gets on base or chases a line drive down in the gap. But this offense isn't good enough to endure his or Duvall's presence in the top half of the lineup.

And what's frustrating with the guy he's incapable of working a walk to utilize the speed. You'd think he'd pick up something from Votto by now in regards to that aspect of the game.

It doesn't matter what Votto teaches him about drawing walks. If you can't hit water when you fall out of a boat then you aren't getting walked. The opposing teams know that Billy isn't going to hurt them if they throw strikes. It is hard to walk that way.

It doesn't matter what Votto teaches him about drawing walks. If you can't hit water when you fall out of a boat then you aren't getting walked. The opposing teams know that Billy isn't going to hurt them if they throw strikes. It is hard to walk that way.

Right. I guess his "eye" isn't good enough to foul off close pitches to work that walk. That or he's just not smart enough to pull it off, IDK. He's not a leadoff hitter. Just my opinion.