2. Suarez 3B

3. Votto 1B

4. Gennett 2B

5. Duvall RF

6. Schebler LF

7. Peraza SS

8. Barnhart C

9. Bailey P

I can't believe they're going to hit Hamilton leadoff again.

I have to believe that's going to be short lived. There is no way you can justify not hitting Winker leadoff.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2018 Season is here, will there be improvement, showing the plan is working? Will the young pitching finally prove their stuff? Can several of the bats repeat 2017 output?

The pitching has to show improvment and that's the bottom line. They hitting core is set for a few years.

The fact this team didn't trade at least one of the Hamilton, Duvall, Schebler trio is mind-boggling to me. Even more mind-boggling is that they aren't going to put Winker on the field on an every day basis.

He HAS to get 550+ at bats this year. No way to justify it if he performs even a little bit.

And what's frustrating with the guy he's incapable of working a walk to utilize the speed. You'd think he'd pick up something from Votto by now in regards to that aspect of the game.

In his defense (kinda of) it's not easy to draw a walk when the pitchers know you can't hit.

In his defense (kinda of) it's not easy to draw a walk when the pitchers know you can't hit.

Agree. Just, I would have thought he could improve by now. Also frustrating that he has issues with bunting. He just cannot stay in that leadoff spot.

Great start to the season.

Way better than a bunch of ticked off fans standing around inside the ballpark only to start the game 2+ hours after the scheduled pitch, if at all. I've worked that, it's not fun for anyone involved.

Friday was an off day for them anyway right?

Yup. I'm pretty sure this is the exact reason they build in the extra day everyday. Might as well use it.

I bunch of people might be upset with the decision because people have to get upset about everything, but it is the right decision if the forecast is not pretty for Thursday. Especially this year when you really don't have to worry about the parade or anything.