March 27, 20188 yr 2018 Season is here, will there be improvement, showing the plan is working? Will the young pitching finally prove their stuff? Can several of the bats repeat 2017 output?
March 27, 20188 yr I saw this projected as the Opening Day lineup: 1. Hamilton CF 2. Suarez 3B 3. Votto 1B 4. Gennett 2B 5. Duvall RF 6. Schebler LF 7. Peraza SS 8. Barnhart C 9. Bailey P I can't believe they're going to hit Hamilton leadoff again.
March 27, 20188 yr Author I saw this projected as the Opening Day lineup: 1. Hamilton CF 2. Suarez 3B 3. Votto 1B 4. Gennett 2B 5. Duvall RF 6. Schebler LF 7. Peraza SS 8. Barnhart C 9. Bailey P I can't believe they're going to hit Hamilton leadoff again. Who else do you put there.
March 27, 20188 yr Who else do you put there. If Duvall or Schebler can play CF I'd put Winker there. If not I'd lead Gennett off.
March 27, 20188 yr Not a good sign for the Reds, when @plantmanky is our Opening Day/Series thread starter. :lol2: (Just kidding man)
March 27, 20188 yr Back and ready for my 6th season in GABP. Didn't train hard enough in the offseason this go around. A little disappointed in myself, but hopefully to get back into playing shape soon.
March 27, 20188 yr Author Not a good sign for the Reds, when @plantmanky is our Opening Day/Series thread starter. :lol2: (Just kidding man) Lol. What prompted the post was an email at work about our company seats and no one had claimed them for Opening day yet. Then I notice no thread about the first series.
March 27, 20188 yr Author If Duvall or Schebler can play CF I'd put Winker there. If not I'd lead Gennett off. If you were going to do that than bat Votto leadoff, at least he walks.
March 27, 20188 yr Who else do you put there. Literally anyone. I'd honestly like to see the Reds adopt the old Tony Larussa strategy and bat the pitcher 8th and Hamilton 9th.
March 27, 20188 yr If you were going to do that than bat Votto leadoff, at least he walks. Do you know anything about Winker?
March 27, 20188 yr The fact this team didn't trade at least one of the Hamilton, Duvall, Schebler trio is mind-boggling to me. Even more mind-boggling is that they aren't going to put Winker on the field on an every day basis.
March 27, 20188 yr Scherzer vs. Bailey Strasburg vs. Castillo Gonzalez vs. Mahle Talk about a tough task right out of the gate for the bats...Geez.
March 27, 20188 yr Author Do you know anything about Winker? The fact this team didn't trade at least one of the Hamilton, Duvall, Schebler trio is mind-boggling to me. Even more mind-boggling is that they aren't going to put Winker on the field on an every day basis. What UKMF said, if Winker isnt playing everyday why is he here? It is still a little early to tell on Winker at the MLB level, but it looks like hes got upside, where hamilton can run and catch.
March 27, 20188 yr Author Literally anyone. I'd honestly like to see the Reds adopt the old Tony Larussa strategy and bat the pitcher 8th and Hamilton 9th. Issue there is it doesnt change anything, Hamilton still can only run and catch.
March 27, 20188 yr The fact this team didn't trade at least one of the Hamilton, Duvall, Schebler trio is mind-boggling to me. Even more mind-boggling is that they aren't going to put Winker on the field on an every day basis. It literally makes zero sense to not play Winker for at least 125-130 games this year. He's a huge part of the future of this organization and you have to know what you have.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.