The new NKY 5A District?

theguru

I believe they are moving up due to enrollment, not because they are requesting it.

If given another opportunity I feel pretty confident Dixie would play down like they did last time.

It’s interesting that their enrollment is increasing yet haven’t been able to field frosh teams in as long as i can remember.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good can Conner be? I know this district looks spicy on paper but I only see CovCath, Highlands and Cooper battling it out for district supremacy.

I definitely agree that this new district will benefit all five teams financially.

Conner has put out some very good teams over the years. They also end up with some high school studs on a semi-regular basis. They just really struggle for consistency to year to year, which I kind of chalk up to coaching in their case.

For reference:

2014: Conner 7, Covington Catholic 28

2013: Conner 6, Covington Catholic 40

2012: Conner 13, Covington Catholic 12

2011: Conner 14, Covington Catholic 42

2000: Conner 7, Covington Catholic 35

1999: Conner 10, Covington Catholic 0

1998: Conner 7, Covington Catholic 14

1997: Conner 0, Covington Catholic 34

1996: Conner 29, Covington Catholic 22

1996: Conner 0, Covington Catholic 12

1995: Conner 6, Covington Catholic 12

2017: Conner 20, Cooper 21

2016: Conner 18, Cooper 7

2015: Conner 6, Cooper 14

2015: Conner 13, Cooper 15

2014: Conner 21, Cooper 24

2013: Conner 25, Cooper 21

2012: Conner 38, Cooper 21

2011: Conner 13, Cooper 20

2010: Conner 46, Cooper 40

2009: Conner 28, Cooper 7

2008: Conner 57, Cooper 0

2006: Conner 0, Highlands 42

2005: Conner 0, Highlands 35

2000: Conner 3, Highlands 32

1999: Conner 10, Highlands 47

1998: Conner 20, Highlands 51

1997: Conner 25, Highlands 56

1996: Conner 19, Highlands 48

1995: Conner 6, Highlands 42

Conner has put out some very good teams over the years. They also end up with some high school studs on a semi-regular basis. They just really struggle for consistency to year to year, which I kind of chalk up to coaching in their case.

For reference:

2014: Conner 7, Covington Catholic 28

2013: Conner 6, Covington Catholic 40

2012: Conner 13, Covington Catholic 12

2011: Conner 14, Covington Catholic 42

2000: Conner 7, Covington Catholic 35

1999: Conner 10, Covington Catholic 0

1998: Conner 7, Covington Catholic 14

1997: Conner 0, Covington Catholic 34

1996: Conner 29, Covington Catholic 22

1996: Conner 0, Covington Catholic 12

1995: Conner 6, Covington Catholic 12

2017: Conner 20, Cooper 21

2016: Conner 18, Cooper 7

2015: Conner 6, Cooper 14

2015: Conner 13, Cooper 15

2014: Conner 21, Cooper 24

2013: Conner 25, Cooper 21

2012: Conner 38, Cooper 21

2011: Conner 13, Cooper 20

2010: Conner 46, Cooper 40

2009: Conner 28, Cooper 7

2008: Conner 57, Cooper 0

2006: Conner 0, Highlands 42

2005: Conner 0, Highlands 35

2000: Conner 3, Highlands 32

1999: Conner 10, Highlands 47

1998: Conner 20, Highlands 51

1997: Conner 25, Highlands 56

1996: Conner 19, Highlands 48

1995: Conner 6, Highlands 42

Very good might be a bit of a stretch for a team that hasn't made it to region championship game but once this decade.

As with the case of Pendelton County. I have never seen the benefit of opting out of district. Your program is not going to grow or even get more interest from players, when there literally is nothing to play for if they opt out of district.

I'm sorry, but I'll disagree. Playing out of district is like starving, it doesn't happen right away but it will certainly get you in the end. Playing in certain districts is like fighting lions for food, you ain't going to starve but rather get slaughtered for food. More kids were not playing because they were getting destroyed by highlands, covcath and holmes by 60 for 3 straight weeks. Dropping out of district was a slow bleed until we re-entered district play, bringing numbers back up. Luckily we realign every 4 years. Staying in districts, specifically the one we were in, would have certainly killed the program. Watch Grant Co. in the coming years and you will see a gradual resurgence of football. Same scenario. I hope Boone Co. can hang with a district schedule like that, if not then I hope they do what they believe is best for their program.

I do think there will be some very good games come out of this district.

Very good might be a bit of a stretch for a team that hasn't made it to region championship game but once this decade.

I was speaking in terms of individual teams on a year to year basis...and I'll stand by it. They spent a lot of time having to compete with Highlands for regional championships during the prime of Highlands being Highlands. If beating the Birds was requisite for a team being good, then multiple years there wasn't a single good team in the the class that was good.

Conner's feeder system is "light years" ahead of Cooper's. It might not show the next two high school seasons, but eventually it will. Now that everyone is basically NKYFL and then middle school ball is taking over in 7th grade, Cooper's feeder problem will become more evident.

Conner's feeder system is "light years" ahead of Cooper's. It might not show the next two high school seasons, but eventually it will. Now that everyone is basically NKYFL and then middle school ball is taking over in 7th grade, Cooper's feeder problem will become more evident.

Next year Conner will have a very good group of Freshmen.

Interesting. What is conners feeder program doing that is light years ahead as you say?

Interesting. What is conners feeder program doing that is light years ahead as you say?

They have the NKY Bandits youth football teams they are good at every level. The Freshman class coming in has won at the Battle of the Rocky top several times against teams all over the country. Conner will be playing good football for the next several years.

They have the NKY Bandits youth football teams they are good at every level. The Freshman class coming in has won at the Battle of the Rocky top several times against teams all over the country. Conner will be playing good football for the next several years.

If Conner comes on that district will be phenomenal.

They actually have teams at every level from K-8. Cooper does not. And Conner's teams (Bandits) are regularly playing for Super Bowl titles usually against Union. Cooper's lower levels (K-4) had to combine with Boone just to field teams.

I would guess Coopers lower youth teams will start having higher involvement once the subdivision that is being built right across from the school is finished.

I'm sorry, but I'll disagree. Playing out of district is like starving, it doesn't happen right away but it will certainly get you in the end. Playing in certain districts is like fighting lions for food, you ain't going to starve but rather get slaughtered for food. More kids were not playing because they were getting destroyed by highlands, covcath and holmes by 60 for 3 straight weeks. Dropping out of district was a slow bleed until we re-entered district play, bringing numbers back up. Luckily we realign every 4 years. Staying in districts, specifically the one we were in, would have certainly killed the program. Watch Grant Co. in the coming years and you will see a gradual resurgence of football. Same scenario. I hope Boone Co. can hang with a district schedule like that, if not then I hope they do what they believe is best for their program.

I do think there will be some very good games come out of this district.

I respect what you say, but as mentioned you are right we have to agree to disagree on this because this isn't the thread for this. We could get into a much longer discussion on this because IMO it hurts a program more than it helps, and it's not fair to the players. Plus in Grant and Boone's case it's not like they would end up in an easier district when they get back in. Just look at Grant, that district they are going to be in now is not any easier at all than what they were in. Same with Boone, it's not like opting out would put them in an easier district 4 years from now. However all that is for another thread.