The new NKY 5A District?

theguru

I respect what you say, but as mentioned you are right we have to agree to disagree on this because this isn't the thread for this. We could get into a much longer discussion on this because IMO it hurts a program more than it helps, and it's not fair to the players. Plus in Grant and Boone's case it's not like they would end up in an easier district when they get back in. Just look at Grant, that district they are going to be in now is not any easier at all than what they were in. Same with Boone, it's not like opting out would put them in an easier district 4 years from now. However all that is for another thread.

I agree it's not the correct thread. After your suggestion I looked at Grant Co's district and you are correct, I doubt it is that much easier with the addition of Scott county.

Regardless of our discussion, I believe that some great games will come out of this new nky district. And from the district the two Scott Co schools and Grant county are in as well.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it's not the correct thread. After your suggestion I looked at Grant Co's district and you are correct, I doubt it is that much easier with the addition of Scott county.

Regardless of our discussion, I believe that some great games will come out of this new nky district. And from the district the two Scott Co schools and Grant county are in as well.

Agreed.

They actually have teams at every level from K-8. Cooper does not. And Conner's teams (Bandits) are regularly playing for Super Bowl titles usually against Union. Cooper's lower levels (K-4) had to combine with Boone just to field teams.

Really? First, Cooper has NEVER had an official lower level (K-4) group so I am unsure where you have been getting your information. The decision to put a (K-4) teams together and "call them the Union Jaguars" was a BCPWFL HS alignment decision and has NOTHING to do with the original creation of the Union Jaguars. Your comment regarding the Conner programs feeder system being light year's ahead Cooper feeder program is a head scratcher at best especially at the Sr. level. The Union Jaguars program was started in 2011 and since 2012 those players have part of 3 district titles, 2 regional titles (and came within 1pt of winning a 3rd), and 2 state semi-finals and a state runner-up trophy) so please explain to me how the Conner feeder program is "light years" ahead of Cooper's? I will admit since the change in leadership which occurred two years ago the Cooper program has tailed off but if the ultimate goal is preparation for the Varsity level and wins I fail to see the results of Conner's "light years ahead" feeder program.

Keeping winning those "feeder system" Superbowl trophies. I prefer to look at the accomplishments at the high school level.

I will agree with one comment. It is all about varsity wins, but if you think that the current state of the Union Jags/Little Jags/Cooper feeder is anywhere close to that of the NKY Bandits or Union Raiders I got nothing for you. A kid can sign-up as a Raider or Bandit in kindergarten and play for that feeder/high school until they graduate.

I have no idea how that will translate at the high school level the next two years, but it WILL eventually translate. Ask CovCath what they think of their feeder program and the impact it has had.

I applaud the NKY Bandits on its’ accomplishments at the youth level and having a well organized and supported organization just like Cooper used to have. However, this thread is about HS varsity football and with or without a strong feeder program Cooper has more than proved its worth as their record speaks for itself and if Conner does the same thing over the next 5 years I’ll tip my cap to them but what you may or may not realize is before the Bandits came along Conner had a “feeder” team in the BCPWFL Cougars and that didn’t prove to be some big bonus but that’s for another discussion.

Again, MS feeder programs is for another thread. This is going to be one of if not the toughest districts in 5A in 2019 and feeder program or not everyone better strap it up tight.

I wish Cooper nothing but success. This district might actually be the toughest in the state. The only reason I mentioned feeder programs is that it is my personal opinion that as football numbers continue to decline or hold steady that the pool of great athletes for football will be more shallow. That puts a premium on feeder programs to create the pipeline. And, compared to the other schools in this district Cooper is currently behind in this regard. Look, Cooper has everything a kid could want. New school, great stadium (although its ridiculous they don't have field turf), good coach and parents that care. All the tools are there.