Breaking: School Shooting at FL High School

UKMustangFan

Going to Naples every year just some notes on Florida Schools.

Most of them have outside hallways and the schools are open. As in you can just walk out the door and get in your car/parking lot, off campus very easily.

Most of them are very busy around the schools, so someone could do this and leave very quickly.

It’s a miracle this isn’t a routine occurrence in Florida with that set up.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this one in the least.

Recent graduate...goes back to the high school he graduated from and shoots up the freshman building? A building where they are teaching students who weren't there while he was attending the school?

Is it possible the primary target here was a teacher or teachers?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this one in the least.

Recent graduate...goes back to the high school he graduated from and shoots up the freshman building? A building where they are teaching students who weren't there while he was attending the school?

Is it possible the primary target here was a teacher or teachers?

Certainly possible, there are reports of teachers and administrators among the wounded/deceased. Another thing to note is that he seems to have been following groups from Syria and Iraq on Instagram.

Resource officers do no good unless they are right there at the moment of action. Sure they can stop a threat after the action has started/happened, but at the moment of it happening, if they are not right there, the action is going to happen.

That's why I said in the Marshall Co thread, detectors would be better than just more officers.

Now in this case, its possible the gunman never had to go inside, so detectors would be useless as well.

We need to change the culture. People used to have more respect for human life. Why are kids growing up so angry and then come to the place where they are willing to take the life of another person?

Good thread topic for another day. Do you think kids are any angrier than, say, five or six decades ago? I think oftentimes we look back upon our younger days as "the good old days" where everything was right with the world? But is that really the case? I'm not sure if it is. I know it seems like it sometimes, but maybe its just old guys like you and I being sentimental for yesteryear. Maybe it never was an Ozzie and Harriet world to begin with.

So they took the dude into custody, searched him, threw him in the back of the cruiser. Then a couple minutes later, take him out of the cruiser, stand him up, put him on a stretcher, load him in an ambulance and take him to the hospital... That seems strange to me.

So they took the dude into custody, searched him, threw him in the back of the cruiser. Then a couple minutes later, take him out of the cruiser, stand him up, put him on a stretcher, load him in an ambulance and take him to the hospital... That seems strange to me.

My guess is that he said that he was injured so they had to call for EMS to follow protocol.

It may have been mentioned here before I can't remember. I was talking to an SRO after the Marshall County shooting and he said that they were told at SRO training that no one had been killed in a school shooting that was behind a locked door.

If you think about it that would be a huge step, it wouldn't stop shootings like Marshall County, but if every classroom door remained locked during class it would severley limit access to students. It wouldn't be a 100% fix but if schools aren't locking their classroom doors during class they are being wreckless with their student's lives.

What do you think?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I was watching coverage and the journalist was interviewing a Mother who had not put her arms her child yet. During her speaking on camera, her cell phone rang and it was her daughter at a pickup space. She told her daughter she would be there as soon as she finished the interview and hung up. Then she continues telling her version of the tragedy and the daughter calls again and the Mother says she will be there soon and starts talking again. The journalist tells the Mother she needs to go to her child and stops the interview. I'm a Mother and Grandmother and there is NO WAY I'm doing any interview until I have my child safely in my arms.

It may have been mentioned here before I can't remember. I was talking to an SRO after the Marshall County shooting and he said that they were told at SRO training that no one had been killed in a school shooting that was behind a locked door.

If you think about it that would be a huge step, it wouldn't stop shootings like Marshall County, but if every classroom door remained locked during class it would severley limit access to students. It wouldn't be a 100% fix but if schools aren't locking their classroom doors during class they are being wreckless with their student's lives.

While I agree that it may help, what exactly keeps someone from breaking the glass and opening the door from the inside? I suppose that if every door had a small glass double pane window with wire between the panes that it could help a lot. But most schools don't have doors like that.

What do you think?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I was watching coverage and the journalist was interviewing a Mother who had not put her arms her child yet. During her speaking on camera, her cell phone rang and it was her daughter at a pickup space. She told her daughter she would be there as soon as she finished the interview and hung up. Then she continues telling her version of the tragedy and the daughter calls again and the Mother says she will be there soon and starts talking again. The journalist tells the Mother she needs to go to her child and stops the interview. I'm a Mother and Grandmother and there is NO WAY I'm doing any interview until I have my child safely in my arms.

What feed did you see that on? If I were the daughter I would be looking into finding a new mother.