Breaking: School Shooting at FL High School

UKMustangFan

I have hesitated on jumping into this discussion, but will make this point. What is the value of a gun versus a car? The value a car brings to people is huge compared to the value a gun brings.

If you put together a list of pros and cons of guns in our society - their impact and value, it would be pretty difficult I believe for the pros to having guns outweighing the cons.

I’ve never seen an amendment that claims driving is one of our rights. It’s a privilege. When you review the history of why we have guns it is to protect ourselves from the government foremost.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve never seen an amendment that claims driving is one of our rights. It’s a privilege. When you review the history of why we have guns it is to protect ourselves from the government foremost.

Controlling guns doesn't negate your right to have them, so that argument holds no water.

I am pointing out the absurdity of the car analogy to a gun. I see that analogy all the time and it is ludicrous to try to make that comparison.

This stuff is happening at such an alarming rate anymore, I'm to the point I'm willing to accept whatever needs to be done to keep kids safe. A school should be the one place, outside of the home, that a child feels completely safe. Unfortunately, I think we're at the point where that's not the case anymore.

What are those rates? Based on population, how much has the murder rate increased in this country?

We are talking about two different things. I wasn't referring to, nor did I mention the murder rate.

Specifically, I used the term "kill a lot of people at once". I'm talking about the "mass shootings". Large scale shootings are occurring at an alarmingly frequent rate.