Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: School Shooting at FL High School

Featured Replies

He was a bully and a discipline problem. Calling it a mental health issue is a disservice to the thousands of people who truly are disabled.

 

How do you know he wasnt mentally ill?

  • Replies 185
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should come. The AR-15 has been used in how many mass shootings now?

 

:idunno:

So he can't believe in something that you disagree wit that would cause you to label him a terrorist?
Just saying we know why a Radical Muslim does what he does. We don’t know this kids motive at this point, other than he’s just pure evil, which Radical Islam would qualify as also.
Terror is defined as "an instance or cause of intense fear or anxiety." Where you and I disagree, I think, is how much the intent (or where/why the hate is directed) affects how we label the act(s).

 

That isn't how the US Government defines it is it? And I googled it and that was not the first definition I saw, so where did you find that?

 

According to that definition, a car crash, or a home invasion could be considered terrorism, no?

Fwiw, the FBI website says this about domestic terror

 

Domestic terrorism: Perpetrated by individuals and/or groups inspired by or associated with primarily U.S.-based movements that espouse extremist ideologies of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

How do you know he wasnt mentally ill?

 

We don't. But we don't know for certain that he is either. It's the automatic assumption that he is that is the problem, and is so damaging to those who are mentally ill. Not all mentally ill people are violent or capable of committing these types of acts. Just like those who aren't mentally ill, aren't automatically not a threat. This labeling is one of the reasons why so many who are mentally ill, and need help, don't get it.

Handguns kill a lot more people every year.

 

Agreed. The conversation is around mass shootings though.

Agreed. The conversation is around mass shootings though.

 

Hand guns are used in mass shootings more often too.

Mentally ill people are allowed to buy guns aren’t they?

Hand guns are used in mass shootings more often too.

 

I know. Guns seem to be the issue at hand.

I know. Guns seem to be the issue at hand.

 

Murder is the issue imo...and murder is illegal.

 

We don't blame the truck when it's used as a weapon.

Mentally ill people are allowed to buy guns aren’t they?

 

Federal Law

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

Mentally ill people are allowed to buy guns aren’t they?

 

Im a multiple gun owner, with that said I don't believe a person who is getting treatment for behavioral problems shouldn't be able to buy a gun. I don't understand why anyone would be against that.

Terror is defined as "an instance or cause of intense fear or anxiety." Where you and I disagree, I think, is how much the intent (or where/why the hate is directed) affects how we label the act(s).

 

I think your using the wrong definition here. Terror is different that terrorism. You can have night terros, be terrified of heights, etc.

 

Per dictionary.com - Terrorism, the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

 

Per that definition at this time I see no reason as to why this should be labeled as terrorism. IMO, not all violent acts are terrorism.

I think your using the wrong definition here. Terror is different that terrorism. You can have night terros, be terrified of heights, etc.

 

Per dictionary.com - Terrorism, the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

 

Per that definition at this time I see no reason as to why this should be labeled as terrorism. IMO, not all violent acts are terrorism.

 

Good point. I didn't catch the terror vs terrorism point until you mentioned it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.