Breaking: School Shooting at FL High School

UKMustangFan

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One entrance to the school, metal detectors with guards. We’ve all been in a retail store with the theft buzzer going off and everyone looking. NO reason why we can’t do this in schools.

Just curious where does all the money come from for the metal detectors? What are you going to do about all the other entrances to the schools?

And @mcpapa nailed another major issue.

Maybe a few more entrances but 50,000+ people do it at sporting events. Safety, isn’t convenient.

Where are you getting the money for it? Some school districts have over 100 locations within their district.

NFL & MLB stadiums can afford all those metal dectators. School districts are strapped for money the way it is.

Where are you getting the money for it? Some school districts have over 100 locations within their district.

NFL & MLB stadiums can afford all those metal dectators. School districts are strapped for money the way it is.

You’re 200k property tax goes up by 20 bucks a year. I am willing to pay that to offer another layer of security for my kids. That’s not asking for much.

It's coming, trust me. They have already talked about how quick it can fire and how many rounds it's "can" hold, also related it to an M-16. It's certainly not an M-16. Wolf Blitzer has likely never had one in his hands but can tell you all about how violent that particular gun is. Nevermind the violent person that has to pull the trigger numerous times to cause such a tragedy.

It should come. The AR-15 has been used in how many mass shootings now?

Putting metal detectors at every entrance at every school just isn't practical.

I am sure someone said that about sporting events at one point in time. It might not be the best fix but it’s a start and like I said security isn’t convenient. They help at sporting events and banks why can’t we try them at schools? Honestly, it’s better than the current nothing in place right now.

Thank you. Unless metal detectors are going to stop bullets when they come out of guns then metal detectors are pointless.

Agreed in this case, but they are not pointless. They would be a deterrent. There is no ONE thing to do. No magic bullet here. It needs to be vetted and researched at every locale. I believe they are prudent in many places. like almost everything you have tow weigh risk, cost, time, logistics, personnel.

Not an easy and "one size fits all" decision.

Agreed in this case, but they are not pointless. They would be a deterrent. There is no ONE thing to do. No magic bullet here. It needs to be vetted and researched at every locale. I believe they are prudent in many places. like almost everything you have tow weigh risk, cost, time, logistics, personnel.

True. They could be a deterrent. There are metal detectors in a lot of schools in the inner cities and you rarely hear of mass school shootings taking place in inner cities.

The ADT sign in my front yard offers me a little more security than the guy across the street that has no sign. Security comes in layers and we need to offer more layers of security for schools.

This will stop as soon as schools are no longer a barrel full of fish. I don't disagree with Metal detectors but without armed guards and complete control of all entrances its for nothing. Schools are easy targets and that has to stop. Any entrance to a school should have an armed guard stationed at it with at least a metal detector wand.

This will stop as soon as schools are no longer a barrel full of fish. I don't disagree with Metal detectors but without armed guards and complete control of all entrances its for nothing. Schools are easy targets and that has to stop. Any entrance to a school should have an armed guard stationed at it with at least a metal detector wand.

Didn’t this school have armed guards though? Or are you meaning a sizable squad of them?