Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Pitino sues Louisville Athletic Association for $37.6 million

Featured Replies

Has anyone stopped to think that he's taking these measures b/c he truly had no idea this stuff was going on?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone stopped to think that he's taking these measures b/c he truly had no idea this stuff was going on?

 

:lol2:

Has anyone stopped to think that he's taking these measures b/c he truly had no idea this stuff was going on?

 

No, he has nothing to lose at this point and is an egomaniac. I kind of don't blame him in a way. What's the worst that happens? It's proven for 100% fact he cheated. I think pretty much everyone thinks that already.

I guess that depends on what he's still got hidden in his closet. If he doesn't give a rip out his reputation and only about the money have at. But if he has more dirt that could come out, it could destroy his legacy.

 

This is why I never understood his reasoning for suing Adidas. Too much can come out about him personally in the process and Adidas cares very little about that.

 

UL on the other hand will be eager to settle out of court. The university athletics could be ruined if this thing goes to trial and people are forced to testify under oath. UL has a lot more to lose than Adidas in my opinion.

 

I don't think Rick deserves a penny. Him knowing or not makes no difference to me. He had too many scandals at UL, and while he won a lot of games, it was at the cost of making Louisville a national punchline.

 

They'll settle out of court for much less than what he is suing for...

Has anyone stopped to think that he's taking these measures b/c he truly had no idea this stuff was going on?

 

I actually really do want to believe Rick. I don't know what it is, but for some reason I actually believe him. Could be dementia setting in I guess. :lol2:

Didn't I read/hear that the federal indictment indicated Petino knew what was going on? Allegedly Pitino agreed to call a guy at Adidas to request that they provide the money requested by the family of recruit Bowen.

Two weeks of mediation, and a settlement has been reached. The Courier Journal is reporting that as terms of the settlement, Pitino will receive no money, but his personnel file will be altered to state that Pitino resigned, and was not fired.

Two weeks of mediation, and a settlement has been reached. The Courier Journal is reporting that as terms of the settlement, Pitino will receive no money, but his personnel file will be altered to state that Pitino resigned, and was not fired.

 

I mean...it's not like the entire world doesn't already know that Pitino was absolutely fired.

Well that's another one down.

 

Now we've just got the Foundation's suit against former board members and the NCAA's Adidas investigation and we'll be on the verge of having the terrible last chapters of the Ramsey/Jurich years behind us.

Well that's another one down.

 

Now we've just got the Foundation's suit against former board members and the NCAA's Adidas investigation and we'll be on the verge of having the terrible last chapters of the Ramsey/Jurich years behind us.

 

Am I remembering correctly that UofL filed a counter-suit for damages caused by Pitino? Or was there just talk of that?

 

Also, not exactly a "UofL matter", but there's also the suit against the NCAA by some of the Louisville basketball players from the 2013. The players who weren't implicated in all of the illegal recruiting and Adidas dealio who want to have their national title restored.

Am I remembering correctly that UofL filed a counter-suit for damages caused by Pitino? Or was there just talk of that?

 

Also, not exactly a "UofL matter", but there's also the suit against the NCAA by some of the Louisville basketball players from the 2013. The players who weren't implicated in all of the illegal recruiting and Adidas dealio who want to have their national title restored.

 

If a settlement was reached in the Pitino matter, then I assume any counterclaims were part of that resolution.

 

And yeah, I'm not worried about the players' suit from a UofL perspective. I hate that Luke Hancock's Final Four MOP is off the books too, but that's not really where I'm concerned as an alumnus and supporter of UofL.

Am I remembering correctly that UofL filed a counter-suit for damages caused by Pitino? Or was there just talk of that?

 

Also, not exactly a "UofL matter", but there's also the suit against the NCAA by some of the Louisville basketball players from the 2013. The players who weren't implicated in all of the illegal recruiting and Adidas dealio who want to have their national title restored.

 

They (UofL and Pitino) were suing each other. Both suits have been dropped.

So surely Rick didn't just settle this once UofL offered to say, "Okay, you resigned, you weren't fired."

 

Right?

So surely Rick didn't just settle this once UofL offered to say, "Okay, you resigned, you weren't fired."

 

Right?

 

Rick wants to coach and nobody will give him even half a look if he's suing his former employer.

So surely Rick didn't just settle this once UofL offered to say, "Okay, you resigned, you weren't fired."

 

Right?

 

 

It's an ego thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.