Rick Pitino sues Louisville Athletic Association for $37.6 million

All State Baseball

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone stopped to think that he's taking these measures b/c he truly had no idea this stuff was going on?

No, he has nothing to lose at this point and is an egomaniac. I kind of don't blame him in a way. What's the worst that happens? It's proven for 100% fact he cheated. I think pretty much everyone thinks that already.

I guess that depends on what he's still got hidden in his closet. If he doesn't give a rip out his reputation and only about the money have at. But if he has more dirt that could come out, it could destroy his legacy.

This is why I never understood his reasoning for suing Adidas. Too much can come out about him personally in the process and Adidas cares very little about that.

UL on the other hand will be eager to settle out of court. The university athletics could be ruined if this thing goes to trial and people are forced to testify under oath. UL has a lot more to lose than Adidas in my opinion.

I don't think Rick deserves a penny. Him knowing or not makes no difference to me. He had too many scandals at UL, and while he won a lot of games, it was at the cost of making Louisville a national punchline.

They'll settle out of court for much less than what he is suing for...

Has anyone stopped to think that he's taking these measures b/c he truly had no idea this stuff was going on?

I actually really do want to believe Rick. I don't know what it is, but for some reason I actually believe him. Could be dementia setting in I guess. :lol2:

• 1 year later...
Two weeks of mediation, and a settlement has been reached. The Courier Journal is reporting that as terms of the settlement, Pitino will receive no money, but his personnel file will be altered to state that Pitino resigned, and was not fired.

I mean...it's not like the entire world doesn't already know that Pitino was absolutely fired.

Well that's another one down.

Now we've just got the Foundation's suit against former board members and the NCAA's Adidas investigation and we'll be on the verge of having the terrible last chapters of the Ramsey/Jurich years behind us.

Am I remembering correctly that UofL filed a counter-suit for damages caused by Pitino? Or was there just talk of that?

Also, not exactly a "UofL matter", but there's also the suit against the NCAA by some of the Louisville basketball players from the 2013. The players who weren't implicated in all of the illegal recruiting and Adidas dealio who want to have their national title restored.

Am I remembering correctly that UofL filed a counter-suit for damages caused by Pitino? Or was there just talk of that?

Also, not exactly a "UofL matter", but there's also the suit against the NCAA by some of the Louisville basketball players from the 2013. The players who weren't implicated in all of the illegal recruiting and Adidas dealio who want to have their national title restored.

If a settlement was reached in the Pitino matter, then I assume any counterclaims were part of that resolution.

And yeah, I'm not worried about the players' suit from a UofL perspective. I hate that Luke Hancock's Final Four MOP is off the books too, but that's not really where I'm concerned as an alumnus and supporter of UofL.

They (UofL and Pitino) were suing each other. Both suits have been dropped.