NL MVP

I know there are those who argue that you have to be on a contender but I say this, how many games would Miami or Reds win without these guys? Wasn’t Votto’s fault that 4/5 of their starting pitching was out for part or all of year or that management didn’t do its job.

The Reds lose 115 games without Joey Votto.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke those 2 guys should be ask why the voted the way they did. Put them on the hot seat to answer the tuff questions.

They both responded right away to C Trent and gave their explanations why they voted the way they did. I believe they both voted Goldschmidt number one mostly because of team. And one of the reasons given was exactly what AVJ said and Reds would have finished last with or without him. They said if it was most outstanding player they would have voted Votto based on statistics but MVP helps their team win games.

I don't hate either guy's explanation.

However, for the 4 ballots that had Votto/Stanton 5/6, all had Blackmon & Arenado above them. I just can't imagine how you can put 2 guys on the same team (a team that won the same # of playoff games that the Reds won :)) ahead of either of those guys. Mind boggling.

I don't hate either guy's explanation.

However, for the 4 ballots that had Votto/Stanton 5/6, all had Blackmon & Arenado above them. I just can't imagine how you can put 2 guys on the same team (a team that won the same # of playoff games that the Reds won :)) ahead of either of those guys. Mind boggling.

I can, they were on a team that made the playoffs. The MVP is so subjective. If it said best season then Stanton and Votto by far.

They both responded right away to C Trent and gave their explanations why they voted the way they did. I believe they both voted Goldschmidt number one mostly because of team. And one of the reasons given was exactly what AVJ said and Reds would have finished last with or without him. They said if it was most outstanding player they would have voted Votto based on statistics but MVP helps their team win games.

I think its harder to put up them numbers by both Votto and Stanton on teams that aren't any good. Reason being you have no one that hits behind you to protect like the good teams do, you get walked a lot for those reason and often don't get the pitches to hit.

Silver slugger award boggles my mind as well, Votto should have won that easy.

I think its harder to put up them numbers by both Votto and Stanton on teams that aren't any good. Reason being you have no one that hits behind you to protect like the good teams do, you get walked a lot for those reason and often don't get the pitches to hit.

Silver slugger award boggles my mind as well, Votto should have won that easy.

100% hosed on silver slugger. I thought maybe he would win MVP since he got screwed on silver slugger but my understanding, it is a different group of people who vote.

I keep seeing the argument about "Valuable". Can someone please explain to me how Votto could have helped the Reds win more games than they did this year? You can't judge valuable in baseball. You can only judge the production you have day in and day out. It's not like basketball. One player can't carry a team. If you want to go "valuable" then an ace starting pitcher is always more valuable than any position player and they only impact 20% of their teams games. If you think Goldschmidt was more valuable than Votto simply because their teams made the playoffs you are out of your mind and clearly don't understand baseball. I have zero problem with Stanton winning. He had a fantastic year. I have a huge problem with the people who voted Votto and Stanton low because their teams were awful like that is somehow their fault. Just ridiculous. I'm tired of these moronic "experts" who have a voice and a vote who clearly don't know anything about baseball.