November 16, 20178 yr Going to be announced here in just a bit. Fingers crossed for Votto. Goldschmidt probably the favorite, being on a winning team and already having won the Silver Slugger. (Actually, I'm hoping the writers decided to give Goldy the SS, since they were voting for Votto as MVP. We'll see if that theory holds up.)
November 16, 20178 yr Author Stanton with 10 first place votes, 10 second place, and 5 third place. Votto with 10 first place, 9 second place, and 4 third place. That means 25 voters had Stanton in their top 3, but only 23 had Votto. I'd love to find out who those 2 are, and where exactly they placed him.
November 16, 20178 yr Author Scott Miller - Bleacher Report and Bob Nightengale - USA both had Votto 5th. Unreal.
November 17, 20178 yr Scott Miller - Bleacher Report and Bob Nightengale - USA both had Votto 5th. Unreal. They should be publicly humiliated for such an atrocity. That's just absolutely ridiculous.
November 17, 20178 yr Words can't even describe how ticked off this makes me. Nightengale is a piece a crap. Voting Votto 5th just to give his guy Goldschmidt a better shot is simply ridiculous. Im bitter as hell about this. Votto got screwed.
November 17, 20178 yr Scott Miller - Bleacher Report and Bob Nightengale - USA both had Votto 5th. Unreal. Ridiculous...
November 17, 20178 yr Scott Miller - Bleacher Report and Bob Nightengale - USA both had Votto 5th. Unreal. Must be friends of @plantmanky.
November 17, 20178 yr Words can't even describe how ticked off this makes me. Nightengale is a piece a crap. Voting Votto 5th just to give his guy Goldschmidt a better shot is simply ridiculous. Im bitter as hell about this. Votto got screwed. Brings up the same point I do about HOF voting, why are the writers the ones voting?
November 17, 20178 yr Just ridiculous. They need to do away with the writers or the MVP. If the writers are going to continue to be ridiculous about it then just do away with the award all together. I think Votto should have won, but that's not what I'm upset about. I'm ok with Stanton winning. I'm upset about the casting of garbage votes like the 2 writers who had Votto 5th and the one who had Stanton 6th. If that's honestly how you feel you should never be allowed to write a credible piece on baseball ever again and you sure as hell shouldn't have an MVP vote.
November 17, 20178 yr I know there are those who argue that you have to be on a contender but I say this, how many games would Miami or Reds win without these guys? Wasn’t Votto’s fault that 4/5 of their starting pitching was out for part or all of year or that management didn’t do its job.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.