Midnight Madness/UK Recruiting

Log Mountain Boy

He has been offered, but no commitment has come. Sampson is hard on his case, even though he cant visit him. Stansbury has been to Scott Co. a few times to watch them play pick up games I believe. I'm a little disappointed with Tubby's effort being that he is right down the road.

Mackey has already been to UK a few times and I think he was at Madness last year.

Tubby is in there with Mackey.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying Barnes is set to announce for UK on the 19th, or he has set that date as when he will announce his decision, whatever it may be?

For some reason I really like Moses, I would hate to lose him.

I didnt think Hopson was very interested in UK. Interesting to see that he is attending Madness.

Seems we have more guys than usual coming to madness.

Barnes has set a date to announce.

I think Hopson is more interested in UK than many believe.

He can slide right into the role that Joe Crawford will vacate at the 2.

Mackey has already been to UK a few times and I think he was at Madness last year.

Tubby is in there with Mackey.

Tubby is in on Mackey, there is no doubt about that. But as I said, I'm a little disappointed in the effort compared to the other guys who are so far away, while Tubby is 30 minutes away. I think Tubby may be taking the proximity for granted.

How does midnight madness go? i See where it starts at 9, but its called midnight madness.

If I am not mistaken the actual starting date for practice is the 15th. I may be wrong on this, but I don't think the players can hit the floor until Midnight. At least it use to be like that. Someone correct me if I wrong.

AJ Stewart has a picture on his myspace or website that has a series of pictures set in a collage of himself, Patterson, Lucas. and Marshall Moses.

Captioned...Them Kentucky Boys.

Interesting...He may just be wishing.

Chris Barnes is set to announce on the 19th.

Patterson recruitment could go into the spring or that is at least what Duke is hoping for.

If Barnes verbals to UK then that would set them back with Moses.

Hopson from UHA is visiting for Madness.

Mackey is headed to IU's.

Miller is not coming because of football.

Have heard conflicting reports on the Morris twins.

Picture of Stewart and them actually says, "Them UK boys" :)

I got the link if anyone wants it...just PM me for it, not sure if I can post it here.

Now all NCAA Division 1 basketball programs can start practicing on the Friday before October 15th. They changed this rule before last season. This year the Friday just happens to lie on October 13th. However, UK is starting at 9:00pm this year(I think they did last year as well), but they probably will always call there first practice "Midnight Madness."

Bird man is correct about the Friday before the 15th being the first day. However, there is now some confusion on the name. Althought many will probably always call it "Midnight Madness" because that is what they grew up with, it is now called "Big Blue Madness" because they changed the time of it. That was also the name of it last year. Check out ukathletics.com if you dont believe me.

Bird man is correct about the Friday before the 15th being the first day. However, there is now some confusion on the name. Althought many will probably always call it "Midnight Madness" because that is what they grew up with, it is now called "Big Blue Madness" because they changed the time of it. That was also the name of it last year. Check out ukathletics.com if you dont believe me.

:thumb: I believe it was called "Big Blue Madness" last year as well.

This is going to be an exciting Madness with all that is going on. I really want to see UK get 3 commitments this weekend! That would be huge. I doubt it will happen that quick, but it would be amazing.

As for Mackey, the situation was discussed a little in the LHL this morning. Coach Hicks said that UK was very much in with UK still, but IU pushed really hard to get him to come to their madness. Its probably going to be a long recruitment of Hopson, Miller, and Mackey. I really want to see UK get 2 out of the 3. I believe next year all 3 will end up being top 50 players.