Midnight Madness/UK Recruiting

Log Mountain Boy

This is without a doubt a huge recruiting weekend for UK with Midnight Madness. Here recently UK has had some success with players visiting Midnight Madness weekend. Perry Stevenson, Randolph Morris, and Joe Crawford were a ll at Madness their senior years of highschool.

This year we have:

Patrick Patterson

Jai Lucas

AJ Stewart

The Morris Twins

Lavoy Allen

Also (Not sure on these)

Stephon Pettigrew

Scotty Hopson

Darius Miller

There maybe more than this, but I am not sure on that. Obviously this is going to be huge for recruiting weekend for UK.

Also the weekend after Marshal Moses and possibly James Anderson will be visiting.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need at least 3 of the recruits coming to midnight madness to end up in a Kentucky jersey. Hopefully Patterson, Lucas & Stewart...

We need these 3 guys bad and as of right now I like where we stand with each of them...I say Stewart commits to the staff this weekend and Patterson and Lucas will sometime between this weekend and the Nov. signing period.

I'm hearing a lot about Stewart committing at Midnight Madness, and I think it will happen. There has been news about a recruit from North Carolina, and he is friends with none other than Jai Lucas. Reports say that Jai could see himself committing this weekend, and I think that'll lead to a big recruiting season.

What would anyone suggest the Tubby do differently with his recruiting? I admit there was some reason after the class of Adam Williams and Jared Carter to be worried or alarmed. However, this year's freshman class is a very, very good class, top 16 in the nation. This year's recruits (Patterson, Lucas, Stewart, Moses, etc.) all could end up at UK and that would be at worse a top-10 class and possibly a top-5 class. Tubby has been recruiting Patterson for 3 years, has a close relationship w/the family, he is in constant contact w/Patterson, he has worked tirelessly this past year recruiting these kids and the recruiting is much more organized than previously. he has a close relationship w/Lucas and Stewart as well, I think the "Tubby BASHERS" need to step back and see what unfolds w/this recruiting class.

The landscape of college basketball has changed dramatically and UK fans need to wake up and realize that. The sooner they do the sooner they will be able to move onto something else to complain about when it comes to Orlando "Tubby" Smith.

Latest Info I've Heard:

-Illinois has basically conceeded that A.J. Stewart will commit to the Cats at Madness.

-We are Marshall Moses ONLY scheduled visit right now....He supposedly wants to honor all his scheduled visits before committing, to be safe he isn't scheduling any until after he visits UK.

- There are reports that Maryland's coaching staff has given up on Jai Lucas, feeling he is UK bound.....He has stated he would commit before taking all visits if he was compelled to do so.

- Tracy Smith is the NC guy who was mentioned above....He is a friend of Jai's as well.

- Both Duke and UF fans are both stating that right now they feel UK leads for Patterson....I really have a good feeling about him.

- The thing that leads me to believe this will be a great class is Jai Lucas. He is friends with a bunch of the guys who are looking at UK. They all say they want to play with Jai, however UK is the only school that they all seem to be interested in....Maybe they know something about Jai we don't yet....Hopefully we do by Monday.:D

I am cautiously excited about this recruiting class. At best its top 5 or 6, but if we get Patterson, Lucas, Stewart, Williams and someone else on the interior it will really answer a big team need.

However if we don't get Patterson it will be a dissapointment, I believe more so from the perspective of fans.

There are several good players out there we can get. Tracy Smith, Chris Barnes, Lavoy Allen, and Darnel Gant all come to mind.