#2 Boyle County vs. Western Hills (3A Second Round)

charlesw88

Who wins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am happy for our district sweeping the other half of the region, I would rather be playing Russell for the first time than Western Hills for the second.

It has to be hard to prepare mentally and if you take anything for granted, your season is over before you realize what happened.

I do think Boyle wins easily just because Western Hills defense isn't very good (33ppg), but I also think Boyle needs to continue to improve each week if they hope to get to the promise land.

The cake walk is over starting.......NOW.

While I am happy for our district sweeping the other half of the region, I would rather be playing Russell for the first time than Western Hills for the second.

It has to be hard to prepare mentally and if you take anything for granted, your season is over before you realize what happened.

I do think Boyle wins easily just because Western Hills defense isn't very good (33ppg), but I also think Boyle needs to continue to improve each week if they hope to get to the promise land.

The cake walk is over starting.......NOW.

I agree it is really hard playing a team twice and probably more difficult knowing that you drummed them the first time. I think the last two weeks are evident that this young Boyle team doesn't get excited for teams they think they will handle (didn't play great against Mercer or West Carter IMO). Lets hope that this mentality was just a glitch that the coaching staff has corrected as I think it will be. If they dont come into to this game with the we can cruise and win mentality then it will be no different than the first meeting subs after half time is my prediction.

I agree it is really hard playing a team twice and probably more difficult knowing that you drummed them the first time. I think the last two weeks are evident that this young Boyle team doesn't get excited for teams they think they will handle (didn't play great against Mercer or West Carter IMO). Lets hope that this mentality was just a glitch that the coaching staff has corrected as I think it will be. If they dont come into to this game with the we can cruise and win mentality then it will be no different than the first meeting subs after half time is my prediction.

Boyle started slow against Mercer with this I'll agree but they had a running clock by the end of the first quarter against West Carter and started subbing in the second quarter I'm not sure how the starters could have played any better .

Boyle started slow against Mercer with this I'll agree but they had a running clock by the end of the first quarter against West Carter and started subbing in the second quarter I'm not sure how the starters could have played any better .

Boyle had three offensive penalties on their first drive alone due to sloppy play the defense score the first 10 points most major subs were not brought in until after halftime. A score of a game doesn't always justify playing well it takes a lot of little things executed to perfection for me to say a team performed well. I am not sure what point you are trying to make with the score total there is a lot more to performance than the score. The mentality of well we had a running clock will get good teams beat when they make little mistakes and three holding penalties on a first drive against a very poor team is little mistakes.

As a great coach you will always strive to better yourself and your team on each rep, series, quarter, game, etc....

You never perfect the game of football, there are always things to work on. When coaches think players are on cruise control against lesser opponents, they will challenge players to better themselves on the little things.

Its all good.

Boyle had three offensive penalties on their first drive alone due to sloppy play the defense score the first 10 points most major subs were not brought in until after halftime. A score of a game doesn't always justify playing well it takes a lot of little things executed to perfection for me to say a team performed well. I am not sure what point you are trying to make with the score total there is a lot more to performance than the score. The mentality of well we had a running clock will get good teams beat when they make little mistakes and three holding penalties on a first drive against a very poor team is little mistakes.

Win or lose I'm not sure you'll ever see perfection on a football field there's to much human error involved and not always from the players the stripes have a lot to do with the calls to and IMO there's corruption or bias at every level with the officials, holding can be called on every offensive play of any game against any team but when you have one official who keeps repeatedly making the calls against only one team involved you have to wonder about how much bias is involved and I'm not saying this was the case against West Carter and it probably wasn't but I have seen it happen this year against one team in particular that holds as much as any high school team I've ever seen, my point being that just because a flag is thrown doesn't always mean a penalty has been committed. Not trying to argue but people see things differently but it's all good.

Edited by Jack Lambert

Win or lose I'm not sure you'll ever see perfection on a football field there's to much human error involved and not always from the players the stripes have a lot to do with the calls to and IMO there's corruption or bias at every level with the officials, holding can be called on every offensive play of any game against any team but when you have one official who keeps repeatedly making the calls against only one team involved you have to wonder about how much bias is involved and I'm not saying this was the case against West Carter and it probably wasn't but I have seen it happen this year against one team in particular that holds as much as any high school team I've ever seen, my point being that just because a flag is thrown doesn't always mean a penalty has been committed. Not trying to argue but people see things differently but it's all good.

No argument here either didn’t mean for it to sound argumentative just the score doesn’t always equate to great performance was all I meant.

After the Danville game where Chuck was very upset with the offensive play calls and verbally expressed this in his post game appraisals in the paper, Boyle has changed their offensive scheme considerably. They are utilizing their very good offensive line and two very good backs by running the ball about 75% of the time. They are calling pass plays that their young QB can handle, that is evidenced by his high percentage of completions. It appears that the heart to heart Chuck had with the offensive staff after the Danville debacle really has worked.

Boyle did struggle against Danville especially on third down but I don't think Danville is being given enough credit for this. I've heard they are pretty good this year. Not saying they havn't adjusted things for the better but a very good D was a little responsible for that game. Lot of young players and new starting QB took a little time to fine tune. I'll tick off some with this next thought but I think Pardue catches a little too much junk on this sight. Qb was running for his life most of the Danville game. Whole team is better since that game and I think better because of that game. Just my opinion as usual.