#2 Boyle County vs. Western Hills (3A Second Round)

charlesw88

Who wins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I take it you don't teach the debate team at Boyle. So using your Boyle Co. logic, a heavyweight is still better than a middleweight even if the middleweight beats the Heavyweight? Huh? Because Danville is 2A, their win doesn't count?

Not sure who you are directing this question to, but I'll answer my thoughts on your question. There is no shame losing to 2A Danville! They have a great team and are very well coached. Our loss to Danville didn't end our season. The win most certainly counts over Boyle, but it's not the big picture. It was a great game and Boyle is a better team today for playing a great Danville team on August 31st.

Danville has a shared goal to win a State Championship. Not sure how that is part of this friendly debate. So you just laid down and lost to Danville because you were looking ahead to district play? Really?

No one said that Boyle just laid down and lost to Danville. Danville WON the game fair and square and on that day was the better team. Boyle got to see where they needed work done and became a better team now for that loss. Listen, I'm sorry if you want us to think that it's the end of the world because we lost to Danville. It's Not!

Maybe YOU can work with Jostens, or a good jewelry company, to put a small asterisk beside the 14-1 on your state ring to indicate your lone loss was to a 2A school.

Now I am sure you are talking to me on this question. If Boyle was to win the State Championship with a 14-1 record and their only loss was to Danville. I would honestly be the happiest man alive. They can asterisk anything they want!

Not sure if it registers, but mocking Danville because its 2A, because it has less students and players, makes your loss look worse. Good luck mighty 3A Boyle!

Who's mocking Danville because they are in 2A? Maybe I missed it somewhere but I haven't seen it. Chill out, the previews are over now "The Big Picture Show" has started.

My point was that, surprisingly, Chuck Smith called out Will Bramel at halftime to see if he had an answer for Christian Hill. While there are several layers of hearsay, it sounds like Bramel acknowledged, by silence, he was getting worked by Hill. Not sure what label to attach, but that sounds like your best lineman was responsible early for the lack of Boyle production.

Not sure who you are directing this question to, but I'll answer my thoughts on your question. There is no shame losing to 2A Danville! They have a great team and are very well coached. Our loss to Danville didn't end our season. The win most certainly counts over Boyle, but it's not the big picture. It was a great game and Boyle is a better team today for playing a great Danville team on August 31st.

No one said that Boyle just laid down and lost to Danville. Danville WON the game fair and square and on that day was the better team. Boyle got to see where they needed work done and became a better team now for that loss. Listen, I'm sorry if you want us to think that it's the end of the world because we lost to Danville. It's Not!

No one said that. But I would take umbrage with the Boyle poster who tacitly suggested Boyle would beat Danville later in the year. Danville hasn't improved?

Now I am sure you are talking to me on this question. If Boyle was to win the State Championship with a 14-1 record and their only loss was to Danville. I would honestly be the happiest man alive. They can asterisk anything they want!

Me too. Hope you win, man.

Who's mocking Danville because they are in 2A? Maybe I missed it somewhere but I haven't seen it. Chill out, the previews are over now "The Big Picture Show" has started.

Sorry, my mistake. I interpreted your post as saying Danville is merely pursuing the lesser 2A crown. That's on me.

In conclusion, I hope both Boyle County teams win it. It's incredible for the community. Again, my concern was Boyle's opponents, after Danville, are just not good. Just call it like it is. I hope that does not come back to haunt them in Lexington. That is all.

Just heard from a coach up here in Louisville Sophmore Landen Bartelson just got a offer from Louisville. Boyle now has 2 D1 players with Bartelson and Bramel. You add Kelly,Smith,Hatter, who will be getting offers at that level soon without a doubt. You have 5 D1 starters playing with the possibility of a few more. Boyle will be right behind us at Trinity with D1 level players, that’s impressive for a 3A school. Boyle should be really good with that kind of talent.

Just heard from a coach up here in Louisville Sophmore Landen Bartelson just got a offer from Louisville. Boyle now has 2 D1 players with Bartelson and Bramel. You add Kelly,Smith,Hatter, who will be getting offers at that level soon without a doubt. You have 5 D1 starters playing with the possibility of a few more. Boyle will be right behind us at Trinity with D1 level players, that’s impressive for a 3A school. Boyle should be really good with that kind of talent.

Bartelson get an offer for football or track?

My point was that, surprisingly, Chuck Smith called out Will Bramel at halftime to see if he had an answer for Christian Hill. While there are several layers of hearsay, it sounds like Bramel acknowledged, by silence, he was getting worked by Hill. Not sure what label to attach, but that sounds like your best lineman was responsible early for the lack of Boyle production.

I understand your frustration on here as a fan its hard not to take what people may or may not say about your team personally. I think the better team on that night won the game hands down and deserved it. With that said I am asking as a Coach of many young men and as a father of a son of my own that you please stop bringing up players and what coaches may or may not have said to them. 1 it is rude and disrespectful to personally call out a player. (pump up hill all day but do it with out calling out Bramel specifically). 2 what is said in a locker room if between the coaches and players unless it is something illegal then it should stay that way. I am asking nicely and not trying to start an argument I hope you enjoy your time on preps and I hope Danville wins the next 4 games. (you brought Bramel up twice that is honestly 2 times to many in a negative light) (The guys that spoke of Danville may have been negative but they didn't bring up specific players as you did.)

As I said before I do think Boyle will win this in just a few short quarters but with the time running out to shore up little mistakes tonight needs to be very smooth for something to build upon.

I know that you may not always reach perfection but if perfection isn't where you are aiming them you will always reach something lesser.

Disclaimer: If anyone who is a BC fan brought up or brings up an opposing player in this or any other post in a negative light then shame on you as well I may have missed it but I didn't see any.