#2 Boyle County vs. Western Hills (3A Second Round)

charlesw88

Who wins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

"There are a lot of excuses out of the loser's locker room." - Lou Holtz

Speaking of locker rooms, here is my understanding of what Chuck Smith said to Will Bramel at halftime.

Smith - "Will, can you block Christian Hill?"

Bramel - no response

Bramel - no response

Guy sitting next to Bramel says, "Coach, no one can block him."

Smith to Bramel "Then how the hell do you think you can block anyone in the Big Ten?"

The Danville DL pushed around your OL. Don't believe me? Why did Pardue pass on the goal line then? Because he knew he couldn't run behind your line.

You have a lot of excuses. A young team? You have 21 seniors. Danville has 42 players total? As Mr. Wireman points out, Danville coughed it up going in several times. Again, facts aren't your friends.

BTW, I don't disagree with you on Danville being down some next year. It's cyclical for certain when you are a small school.

Until that time, I will enjoy the playoffs and Danville's 10-7 win over Boyle. You might be a state champion, but you ain't the city/county champion. Period.

Out of those 21 seniors 4 are starting, I'm done with this conversation.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect but you'll also see that Danville fumbled 3 times, twice inside the 10. If they score those two TDs, it's a pretty comfortable win.

And if you watch the film two of those fumbles were intentionally punched out and not just mishandled or anything of that nature. Boyle also had their share of turnovers with 3 interceptions. To be honest I thought both teams sucked that game and can't believe anybody would want to act like one side was dominant or played good.

Until that time, I will enjoy the playoffs and Danville's 10-7 win over Boyle. You might be a state champion, but you ain't the city/county champion. Period.

Welcome to BGPreps Titletower! I must say you came in to BGP's with a BANG! :thumb:

All I am going to say is Boyle's goal is a State Championship. Enjoy your County Championship. I'm sure if you contact jostens they may make you a ring for your make believe championship.

Goodluck to your team in their quest for the 2A title.

Edited by Rebel

And if you watch the film two of those fumbles were intentionally punched out and not just mishandled or anything of that nature. Boyle also had their share of turnovers with 3 interceptions. To be honest I thought both teams sucked that game and can't believe anybody would want to act like one side was dominant or played good.

I don't think anyone is acting like any side was dominant. I said that day that I think both teams win out the rest of the season and play for the title in their division. I still think that and I'm cheering for both.

Well this certainly escalated quickly....guy turns around for a bit and the whole thread blows up.

Again, this conversation is worthy of its own thread and certainly not on the Boyle v Western predictions thread.

Please start a separate thread if this is where this one is headed.

Good Luck to Danville.

Good Luck to Boyle.

Make Titletown proud.

"There are a lot of excuses out of the loser's locker room." - Lou Holtz

Speaking of locker rooms, here is my understanding of what Chuck Smith said to Will Bramel at halftime.

Bramel - no response

Bramel - no response

Guy sitting next to Bramel says, "Coach, no one can block him."

Smith to Bramel "Then how the hell do you think you can block anyone in the Big Ten?"

The Danville DL pushed around your OL. Don't believe me? Why did Pardue pass on the goal line then? Because he knew he couldn't run behind your line.

You have a lot of excuses. A young team? You have 21 seniors. Danville has 42 players total? As Mr. Wireman points out, Danville coughed it up going in several times. Again, facts aren't your friends.

BTW, I don't disagree with you on Danville being down some next year. It's cyclical for certain when you are a small school.

If Boyle wins State that Admiral score won’t bother me anymore than it did in 2002.

I’m sure it didn’t bother the Ads in 2000, 2001, & 2003.

Haha. I take it you don't teach the debate team at Boyle. So using your Boyle Co. logic, a heavyweight is still better than a middleweight even if the middleweight beats the Heavyweight? Huh? Because Danville is 2A, their win doesn't count?

Danville has a shared goal to win a State Championship. Not sure how that is part of this friendly debate. So you just laid down and lost to Danville because you were looking ahead to district play? Really?

Maybe YOU can work with Jostens, or a good jewelry company, to put a small asterisk beside the 14-1 on your state ring to indicate your lone loss was to a 2A school.

Not sure if it registers, but mocking Danville because its 2A, because it has less students and players, makes your loss look worse.

Good luck mighty 3A Boyle!

Hatz, don't disagree. However, the difference is I'm not making excuses for Danville's losses during those years. Boyle was the better team.

Again, my ORIGINAL point is/was Boyle's next opponents are so bad it might be to their detriment once they arrive in Lexington.

I will finish by saying that I hope Boyle does win. I have multiple friends with son/players on the team.