Hats off to Trinity

Sinbad 74

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud of them winning all that was arrayed against them. This isn't the schedule like the 2011 or 2012 ones, those were tougher teams I think. That said, T's administration has a clear policy regarding distance for games. They won't let the team travel more than 4 hours, even if a well-to-do alum would charter a flight for it. So while I would like to see more teams from beyond the area, the administration says no.

Unfortunately J-Town, Seneca most of the local schools are mandated by the KHSAA.

Louisville -> Ft. Lauderdale vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (2h 15m)

Louisville -> Las Vegas vs. Bishop Gorman (4h)

Louisville -> Tampa vs. IMG Academy (2h)

Louisville -> Dallas vs. any number of teams (2h 20m)

So basically everything Las Vegas and east is available. Takes out basically California, which is fine because their teams are generally overrated anyway.

So what's the hold up?

-CardinalsFan

PS: No issue with district schedules. They are what they are. You have to slaughter your local 6A hogs every fall for sustenance through the winter...I get it.

Louisville -> Ft. Lauderdale vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (2h 15m)

Louisville -> Las Vegas vs. Bishop Gorman (4h)

Louisville -> Tampa vs. IMG Academy (2h)

Louisville -> Dallas vs. any number of teams (2h 20m)

So basically everything Las Vegas and east is available. Takes out basically California, which is fine because their teams are generally overrated anyway.

So what's the hold up?

-CardinalsFan

PS: No issue with district schedules. They are what they are. You have to slaughter your local 6A hogs every fall for sustenance through the winter...I get it.

I should have clarified, no more than a 4 hour bus ride. Flying is not an option.

The administration would not be beholden to an alum paying for the trip and they will not put the money into a trip like that. Despite what this forum and many others may believe the football team is secondary to Trinity's primary mission which providing a top level education to students of varying backgrounds and abilities.

While we love the football team, it wouldn't exist without the school and the school is what comes first.

I'm a Trinity fan but would like to see Trinity pick up a Boyle County, Belfry, Covington Catholic, etc.. I'm a Trinity fan but those 3 games would be our 3 toughest games on the schedule this year or possibly next. I like playing out of State teams also but why not put some of the best in our State on the schedule, put it on a Saturday night in the stadium as a kick off and have the top 6 or 8 schools in the State play...On another note, We cant control those teams that are normally strong having a off year and being on the schedule.

I'm a Trinity fan but would like to see Trinity pick up a Boyle County, Belfry, Covington Catholic, etc.. I'm a Trinity fan but those 3 games would be like playing Carmel, St X, and Champagnat. I like playing out of State teams also but why not put some of the best in our State on the schedule, put it on a Saturday night in the stadium as a kick off and have the top 6 or 8 schools in the State play...On another note, We cant control those teams that are normally strong having a off year and being on the schedule.

FIFY

I should have clarified, no more than a 4 hour bus ride. Flying is not an option.

The administration would not be beholden to an alum paying for the trip and they will not put the money into a trip like that. Despite what this forum and many others may believe the football team is secondary to Trinity's primary mission which providing a top level education to students of varying backgrounds and abilities.

While we love the football team, it wouldn't exist without the school and the school is what comes first.

The TOP GUY at Trinity explained to me in person last week there is no "official" 4 hour limit by bus. The administration is concerned about students missing class time. The KHSAA apparently frowns on this practice. An overnight trip for football is not to be expected.

There is a good possibility some of the Cincinnati schools (Colerain, Elder, St. Xavier) and a Northern Kentucky team (CovCath, Simon Kenton) or two will decide to play home and home in 2019-2020.

The TOP GUY at Trinity explained to me in person last week there is no "official" 4 hour limit by bus. The administration is concerned about students missing class time. The KHSAA apparently frowns on this practice. An overnight trip for football is not to be expected.

There is a good possibility some of the Cincinnati schools (Colerain, Elder, St. Xavier) and a Northern Kentucky team (CovCath, Simon Kenton) or two will decide to play home and home in 2019-2020.

Then I was misinformed, mea culpa.

So, there is some interesting conversation on this thread. I appreciate the Trinity fans not jumping down my throat for the wrong reasons. My question was authentic and one that I think is fair to ask, as do most of you, obviously.

As THS2011 stated, there are plenty of opportunities to "raise the bar" for Trinity Football. I am not saying this has to happen every year, but a flight to Florida, D.C. or the NY/NJ metro area to take on a National powerhouse can ONLY be good for the school brand. And let's not kid ourselves, branding is INCREDIBLY important to a school like Trinity.

You think if your rival, the Tigers, decided to do something like that, the Rocks wouldn't get the wheels in motion to do the same thing? Come on...

-CardinalsFan

Not sure, but did Elder miss out making the Ohio playoffs completely this year? I might have misheard.

Just verified, and they missed partially because of scheduling the ISB which only had two wins on the season.

Moeller made it at 4-6 and Elder missed out by the smallest of margins to Fairfield. Ohio needs a better system.

So, there is some interesting conversation on this thread. I appreciate the Trinity fans not jumping down my throat for the wrong reasons. My question was authentic and one that I think is fair to ask, as do most of you, obviously.

As THS2011 stated, there are plenty of opportunities to "raise the bar" for Trinity Football. I am not saying this has to happen every year, but a flight to Florida, D.C. or the NY/NJ metro area to take on a National powerhouse can ONLY be good for the school brand. And let's not kid ourselves, branding is INCREDIBLY important to a school like Trinity.

You think if your rival, the Tigers, decided to do something like that, the Rocks wouldn't get the wheels in motion to do the same thing? Come on...

-CardinalsFan

I believe you may be on to something..........

Moeller made it at 4-6 and Elder missed out by the smallest of margins to Fairfield. Ohio needs a better system.

I played high school football in Ohio, and I agree here. The system needs work. Not when I played, but a few years after my alma mater went 9-1 and missed the playoffs. Blew out most teams on the schedule too.

The GCL teams tend to get in with worse records because they play better competition out of their league...which is 4 teams. The GMC, for example, has like 11 or 12 teams in it now so they spend the majority of the season beating up on each other and one or two teams make the playoffs. Just not a great system.

I played high school football in Ohio, and I agree here. The system needs work. Not when I played, but a few years after my alma mater went 9-1 and missed the playoffs. Blew out most teams on the schedule too.

The GCL teams tend to get in with worse records because they play better competition out of their league...which is 4 teams. The GMC, for example, has like 11 or 12 teams in it now so they spend the majority of the season beating up on each other and one or two teams make the playoffs. Just not a great system.

Not to derail the thread, but the only thing that needs work in Ohio is to separate the publics and privates/open-enrollment schools come playoff time. It makes no sense having teams play each other with two different sets of rules in regards to how they got the athletes that wear their uniforms.

Once that problem is fixed, all will be well.

-CardinalsFan

PS: The GMC has 10 teams. We actually have 4 teams in the playoffs this year.