Hats off to Trinity

Sinbad 74

When I first saw the schedule Trinity had for the 2017 season, I thought no way they could go undefeated through out the regular season. I salute this team. They won every game on probably the toughest schedule anyone in the state of Kentucky has ever played. Now it is on to the playoffs in pursuit of another state championship. The only possible stumbling block I see is a possible second meeting with Saint Xavier.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the 2011 schedule may have been tougher, but that said this team has proven itself.

I'm sorry, gotta jump in. Please, don't take this personally.

What, EXACTLY, has this team proven? If the below schedule is the toughest, or even second toughest, that "anyone in the state of Kentucky has ever played"...wow, not good. Not good. At. All.

Carmel (IN): 5 - 4

Warren Central (IN): 6-3

Moeller (OH): 4-6

Male: 8-2

Champagnat (FL): 5-2...2A size bilingual Catholic school with like 300 TOTAL kids, grades 6-12...really?

Jeffersontown: 3-7

St. Xavier: 8-2

Eastern: 5-5

Seneca: 0-10

Ballard: 5-5

Total W-L Record: 49-46, .516 winning %

Again, not trying to pick a fight here but could it be that the competition in KY is just so far beneath Trinity that they look a lot better than maybe they are?

Again, not trying to pick a fight here it just frustrates me to no end that a school Trinity's size, with all of their advantages seems to be perfectly happy with their ultimate football goal being to win a 6A State Title in KY...which is equivalent to winning a "Prettiest Pig" contest. :idunno:

What is preventing this school from taking on a national schedule? Lack of interest in doing so? Lack of funds? What? There is no reason Trinity should not be scheduling Bishop Gorman, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. John Bosco and other national powers on a year to year basis.

Maybe I'm over-reacting a little, I get it. Names like Carmel, Warren Central, and Moeller look impressive on a schedule...but when you boil it down, it's still two schools from Indianapolis and a Moeller team that hasn't been relevant in 4 years.

I wish the best for Trinity. I really do. I just wish they would step up and challenge themselves at a level worthy of their status.

Enjoy your 5-game romp through the pig pen that is 6A KY football.

-CardinalsFan

I agree with you somewhat CFan. National Championships (mythical as they are) will be hard to come by with the current structure of the schedule. Geography and money probably play apart as well. Still, based on the last decade or so, Trinity is not gaining respect outside of KY by beating up inferior foes

What, EXACTLY, has this team proven? If the below schedule is the toughest, or even second toughest, that "anyone in the state of Kentucky has ever played"...wow, not good. Not good. At. All.

Champagnat (FL): 5-2...2A size bilingual Catholic school with like 300 TOTAL kids, grades 6-12...really?

Again, not trying to pick a fight here but could it be that the competition in KY is just so far beneath Trinity that they look a lot better than maybe they are?

Again, not trying to pick a fight here it just frustrates me to no end that a school Trinity's size, with all of their advantages seems to be perfectly happy with their ultimate football goal being to win a 6A State Title in KY...which is equivalent to winning a "Prettiest Pig" contest. :idunno:

What is preventing this school from taking on a national schedule? Lack of interest in doing so? Lack of funds? What? There is no reason Trinity should not be scheduling Bishop Gorman, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. John Bosco and other national powers on a year to year basis.

Maybe I'm over-reacting a little, I get it. Names like Carmel, Warren Central, and Moeller look impressive on a schedule...but when you boil it down, it's still two schools from Indianapolis and a Moeller team that hasn't been relevant in 4 years.

I wish the best for Trinity. I really do. I just wish they would step up and challenge themselves at a level worthy of their status.

-CardinalsFan

The Litkenhous Ratings agree with you.

I'm not sure why you would think this isn't a pretty good team. They've lost to 2 undefeated teams this year and they usually have at least 3-4 quality recruits per class. The year I saw them play Trinity they had two players committed to Ohio State and one to Florida. Honestly, they would probably beat most teams in Kentucky.

I'm not sure why you would think this isn't a pretty good team. They've lost to 2 undefeated teams this year and they usually have at least 3-4 quality recruits per class. The year I saw them play Trinity they had two players committed to Ohio State and one to Florida. Honestly, they would probably beat most teams in Kentucky.

I agree with you. They would beat most teams in KY...that says a whole lot more about the state of HS Football in KY than it does about Champagne High! :ohbrother:

They are a 2A size school. That is a school that is between 1 and 290 kids. When you play a school that small, it isn't about "3 or 4 recruits", it's about depth. There is literally NO WAY that school can match the Shamrocks depth or size/strength on the lines of scrimmage, which is where games are won....no way. Interestingly, you know who else is in the same classification and region that Champagne is? International School of Broward, or ISB. Why is this interesting? Well, it's interesting because ISB traveled to Cincy this year to play...guess who...Elder, another private school 3 times their size. The Panthers beat them 62-6. :irked::rolleyes:

Trinity has no business playing a school that size...NONE. This was a matter of needing a home game and not stepping up and signing a home-and-home with someone else. My guess is they are not returning the trip and going to Florida next year?

-CardinalsFan

-CardinalsFan

:thumb:

The Litkenhous Ratings agree with you.

I don't know what that is or how they work, but I don't need a computer algorithm to tell me that schedule is not good...again, after the fact. Going into the season, it looked very good. Can't blame Trinity for that (sans a game or two).

But to applaud them AFTER the season is over knowing how poor some of those teams are compared to what Trinity rolls out every Friday night, is just silly. That's the only point I was trying to make.

-CardinalsFan

If a team can play, they can play. Size doesn't always matter but it's helpful. Georgia sent up a little 2a school to Cincy a few year ago for the Herbstreit classic and they beat a school in the largest classification in Ohio. They've also gone to Texas and beaten their best.

Why are you bringing Elder scores into this. It has no bearing on the topic.

Trinity plays a regional schedule and tries to find teams that are willing to come play them for the right price.

-CardinalsFan

I am proud of them winning all that was arrayed against them. This isn't the schedule like the 2011 or 2012 ones, those were tougher teams I think. That said, T's administration has a clear policy regarding distance for games. They won't let the team travel more than 4 hours, even if a well-to-do alum would charter a flight for it. So while I would like to see more teams from beyond the area, the administration says no.

Unfortunately J-Town, Seneca most of the local schools are mandated by the KHSAA.

If a team can play, they can play. Size doesn't always matter but it's helpful. Georgia sent up a little 2a school to Cincy a few year ago for the Herbstreit classic and they beat a school in the largest classification in Ohio. They've also gone to Texas and beaten their best.

Why are you bringing Elder scores into this. It has no bearing on the topic.

Trinity plays a regional schedule and tries to find teams that are willing to come play them for the right price.

Not sure, but did Elder miss out making the Ohio playoffs completely this year? I might have misheard.

Just verified, and they missed partially because of scheduling the ISB which only had two wins on the season.

Guest T Rocks

-CardinalsFan

Carmel has three losses to teams ranked top 100 in the country, WC. has two losses against teams currently ranked top 15 in the country..As for Champagnat they were willing to step up and play unlike other regional powers....i don't think this is T's toughest schedule due to the district they are currently mandated to play in.