8th Region (Cats Pause) Preview with corrections

It's Walton Verona's year, folks. Miles will be dominant and the team has all the pieces necessary to score and defend.

I think we will be watching WV at Rupp come spring time.

This is how I see it, however, IF McKnight can force his man to guard him outside of 10 feet, Collins will be right there with them playing for the opportunity to represent the 8th. Even if the jumper doesn’t develop the way I hope it does, that’s a dangerous team, and strange things happen when it’s win or go home.

WV is hands down a much better team than SK this year.

WV has five solid starters and is 2 or 3 deep on the bench.

SK has one solid player in Kelch and needs to fill some holes elsewhere. But they are a big school with a large pool of boys and hopefully can get some football players to the court.

It will be fun to watch the matchup between Kelch and Miles!!!

WV is hands down a much better team than SK this year.

WV has five solid starters and is 2 or 3 deep on the bench.

SK has one solid player in Kelch and needs to fill some holes elsewhere. But they are a big school with a large pool of boys and hopefully can get some football players to the court.

It will be fun to watch the matchup between Kelch and Miles!!!

SK returns 3 starters Kelch, Robinson and Kitchens they will be good enough to give WV a game. They return a large number of kids from last year.

3 players from WV in the top 7 and AC is ranked #1??? Maybe a couple guys from WV/AC are overvalued/undervalued on this list??? How else can you explain the rankings??? Can't wait for this matchup, hopefully we'll get to see these 2 play in the regular season and post season. Based on last years 8th region threads I thought Spencer County would be way higher.

Anxious to see how some of the young talent on Spencer County handles the pressure of being in primary roles. Senior Jacob Coke could be on the region top ten list. Freshman Sam Conley is no doubt the best freshman in the region. I would say most people are taking a wait and see approach with the Bears considering they are so young. They got some much needed size in a transfer from PRP. Senior Jacob Nichols is a great rebounder and defender. Junior Jackson Cole is one of the regions best three point shooters. Junior guard Jacob Seawright, freshman wing Sam Conley, and Freshman point guard Jake Whitlock all had good summers on the AAU circuit. They should all three be in key roles. Like I said young, young, and young. They might struggle early, but be ready by the time it matters. Also, freshman Lucas Hornback is very talented. Spencer County probably a year away from region contender. I think by years end Collins will be the best in the region.

I agree, the number 1 seed will be huge in the 32nd this year. The 2/3 matchup in the district tournament will be a great game because Grant/SK/WV all have capability of knocking eachother off. That #1 seed will be very valuable.

Hard to think the 32nd is more than a 2-team battle and with that said WV is head and shoulders above SK. Steiner is going to have to prove his mettle as a coach to win the district this year...maybe he'll prove some doubters wrong in the process.