It is time for the Marvin Lewis era to end in Cincinnati

That would be my fear if I were a Bengal fan. They need to move as far away from the family tree as possible, or nothing is going to change IMO.

My biggest fear is they simply hire one of the current coordinators. That would be the ultimate Bengals move.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d like to see them go after the Patriots’ offensive coordinator (Josh McDaniels)... he had some head coaching experience in Denver.... but I seriously doubt he’d be interested in the Bengals job, even if by some miracle it were available.

If I had to guess, he's content on bidding his time until Belichick hangs it up.

I’d like to see them go after the Patriots’ offensive coordinator (Josh McDaniels)... he had some head coaching experience in Denver.... but I seriously doubt he’d be interested in the Bengals job, even if by some miracle it were available.

I think he'd listen. Its not like the Bengals are the Browns who simply don't have very much talent. There is talent to work with in Cincy, its the culture that needs changed.

I think he'd listen. Its not like the Bengals are the Browns who simply don't have very much talent. There is talent to work with in Cincy, its the culture that needs changed.

They need someone to change the culture and hold the players accountable. I don't think McDaniels is that type of guy.

Can't really argue much of that. Except for the part that said Burfict isn't really a good player. Burifct does stupid stuff that gets himself in trouble. However he definitely is a very good player. However all this extra stuff he does, doesn't allow people to see that. All they see is his extra stuff.

Other than that he is right on. I think the Bengals have accepted they won't beat the Steelers. It comes from lack of leadership from coach Lewis. The two most important leadership roles on a team is head coach and qb and neither is a leader or holds people accountable.

Burfict is like a NASCAR driver who keeps wrecking his ride. When he is able to avoid wrecks he is almost a sure top 10 finish. But he has a wreck every other race and is out of the money. Would you call that guy a good driver? If you were the car owner, would you want him as your driver?

Josh McDaniels is who I have wanted for a long time. I want someone who does have some previous head coaching experience. I also want someone who is more of an offensive guy. I am done with this whole ultra conservative mindset that we have seen for all these years. I also want someone who has shown he can run many different systems to fit whatever personnel they have. McDaniels fits all those molds.

Plus at the end of the day, I do think he would hold players more accountable than Marvin has at least. He is not going to want to fail a second time as a head coach.

Josh McDaniels is who I have wanted for a long time. I want someone who does have some previous head coaching experience. I also want someone who is more of an offensive guy. I am done with this whole ultra conservative mindset that we have seen for all these years. I also want someone who has shown he can run many different systems to fit whatever personnel they have. McDaniels fits all those molds.

Plus at the end of the day, I do think he would hold players more accountable than Marvin has at least. He is not going to want to fail a second time as a head coach.

Agree with this entire post.. he’d be the guy I’d want... not sure he wants the Bengals job though... we’ll see, if Marvin even gets fired.

No thanks. I don't want a guy who has only been a coordinator for a few years, and with that. His head coach is an offensive guy who is use to calling the plays, so obviously he has a lot of input on the offense still. So I don't think I would the Bengals to be his first stop completely on his own running everything.