Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It is time for the Marvin Lewis era to end in Cincinnati

Featured Replies

Agree with this entire post.. he’d be the guy I’d want... not sure he wants the Bengals job though... we’ll see, if Marvin even gets fired.

 

Agreed. I think he would take an interview with the Bengals. However it probably would depend on exactly how much freedom Mike Brown would say he would agree to give him. Such as his staff, and being able to get his own guys. Specifically his own offensive line coach!!!

  • Replies 82
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who would you like to see?

 

Does it matter who we want to see, who will Mikey actually hire?

 

You guys ready for Gunther to be the next HC.

Does it matter who we want to see, who will Mikey actually hire?

 

You guys ready for Gunther to be the next HC.

Gunther is who I'm prepared for no doubt.

The staff should have been fired at the draft when they drafted Ross instead of O. J? Howard. Typical Bengal move. He ran fast, we want him. JErome Simpson jumped over a kid in college. We have to have him.

No thanks. I don't want a guy who has only been a coordinator for a few years, and with that. His head coach is an offensive guy who is use to calling the plays, so obviously he has a lot of input on the offense still. So I don't think I would the Bengals to be his first stop completely on his own running everything.

 

Bennett comes from a winning organization. If you read the bio in the link I provided, he has provided a lot of assistance to the growth of the Packers offense (although Aaron doesn't need too much help himself). It will never happen (him being hired in Cincy), but I thought it would be a bold move if we supported an organization who is not afraid to make bold moves (but obviously that is not the Bengals). Also, don't forget - Tomlin was the defensive coordinator for the Vikings. The Steelers has been his one and only head coaching position.

Bennett comes from a winning organization. If you read the bio in the link I provided, he has provided a lot of assistance to the growth of the Packers offense (although Aaron doesn't need too much help himself). It will never happen (him being hired in Cincy), but I thought it would be a bold move if we supported an organization who is not afraid to make bold moves (but obviously that is not the Bengals). Also, don't forget - Tomlin was the defensive coordinator for the Vikings. The Steelers has been his one and only head coaching position.

 

I did read it and once again no thank you. As for Tomlin he joined one of the best franchises in football and was coming off a super bowl win, and had a future hall of fame qb waiting for him once he got there.

 

Give me someone younger with energy, who is going to be aggressive. Then when you add in having head coaching experience too. That is why I like Josh Mcdaniels.

I did read it and once again no thank you. As for Tomlin he joined one of the best franchises in football and was coming off a super bowl win, and had a future hall of fame qb waiting for him once he got there.

 

Give me someone younger with energy, who is going to be aggressive. Then when you add in having head coaching experience too. That is why I like Josh Mcdaniels.

I love it when people bring up Tomlin. Tomlin is not viewed around the league as one of the best coaches in the game. He's a decent coach who happened to land in one of the two best run organizations in the league. There wasn't any building for Tomlin to do when he got there. The car was already running when he got there all he had to do was steer. You take Tomlin out of that Pittsburgh environment and he's just another journey man coach in the league.

I did read it and once again no thank you. As for Tomlin he joined one of the best franchises in football and was coming off a super bowl win, and had a future hall of fame qb waiting for him once he got there.

 

Give me someone younger with energy, who is going to be aggressive. Then when you add in having head coaching experience too. That is why I like Josh Mcdaniels.

 

I guess you think the Packers are not one of the best franchises in football. :confused: Or that a new face can't help a Bengals team that has lots of talent.

 

I tell you what...when you get locked into a way of thinking, you don't budge an inch in a discussion. It's only a discussion. Josh McDaniels would be fine choice. I'm trying to expand your thinking into other possibilities. None of it will happen anyway. They'll have to bury Marvin first before he is no longer the Bengals head coach.

I guess you think the Packers are not one of the best franchises in football. :confused: Or that a new face can't help a Bengals team that has lots of talent.

 

I tell you what...when you get locked into a way of thinking, you don't budge an inch in a discussion. It's only a discussion. Josh McDaniels would be fine choice. I'm trying to expand your thinking into other possibilities. None of it will happen anyway. They'll have to bury Marvin first before he is no longer the Bengals head coach.

 

They are one of the best franchises in football. With that said it doesn't mean their assistant coaches automatically would be good head coaches. Especially when that assistant has had Rodgers and Favre around. Not to mention an offensive minded head coach. Let's see how he does with Rodgers out and maybe I'll change my mind.

 

I have no idea how you can say I wouldn't want a new face for the Bengals. I have said multiple times since 2013 I wanted Marvin gone. I also wanted him gone back in 2008 and 2010.

 

I definitely want a new face, and I don't want it to be a former assistant like Hue either. With that said just cause I wouldn't want the guy you mentioned doesn't mean I wouldn't want a new person here.

Jim Harbaugh

Oh God. My worst nightmare.

Gunther is who I'm prepared for no doubt.

 

Oh god, I don't know what would be worse to see on Sunday's; Marvin's emotionless face or that grease ball. I am no longer watching games after this past weekend. I can't take the pathetic excuse of game that gets played out there and it ruins the rest of my day.

 

Something has to change.

All Bengals fans ... watch this Sunday's game and enjoy. It will be one of those rare weeks when all is good in the Jungle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.