It is time for the Marvin Lewis era to end in Cincinnati

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the loser of Sunday's Bengals Colts game still have a job come the following Sunday?

Marvin isn't getting fired mid season. Pagano might.

Agreed they aren't firing Marvin mid season. He is already on his last year of his contract. They stuck with him this long, I see no way they don't let him finish it out. Only way I see it, is if the players basically make it happen like they did after the Texans game when they wanted the OC fired.

Marvin needs to be gone. But I still don't know how anyone could seriously still argue that Dalton is the guy we should want at qb, and that he is the guy who could make the big plays in big games even with a better coach. That Dalton is a guy who can get us over the top even if he had perfect things around him. I just dont know how people can see that. It's been 7 years now, and I just don't see that changing with Dalton no matter who the coach is. I can't guarntee McCarron is the answer either because we only saw him for 4 games. I'm just willing to see a new qb to go along with a new coach.

Bengals win Sunday. Marvin here till the end of the year. Bengals squeak out 8 wins. Brown lets Marvin make his own decision about whether he comes back next year and in what role. That is the sad but true prediction from me.

This would be my prediction as well unfortunately.

I agree Marvin has done some really good things in his time in Cincy. That said, he has failed miserably to take what he has been given (personel decisions) and get over the hump. 7 playoff games since 2003 sounds (in my best Larry David voice) "Pretty, Pretty good", but alas his record is 0-7 which is "Pretty, Pretty terrible. He has zero emotion and lacks any kind of competence with in game management. His lack of fire on the sideline and his constant arrogance towards reporters asking legitimate questions following losses will drive a person mad. He is gutless in the discipline department and seems almost content just being able to get 11 guys on the field at anytime to get a game going. How many times can Mike Brown hear "We just have to keep moving forward" following an embarrassing loss before a change is made? Marvin has done some good things in his time here but his time is up.

Who would you like to see?

It doesn't make any difference with Mikey Brown making the decision. He'll hire somebody that is cheap and he'll give him no power to name a staff or make decisions on personnel. The draft will be all the new coach will have much say in and I have my doubts that he'll have a lot of freedom there. When does Mike Brown realize that the main reason his stadium is not full every week is because of himself?

It doesn't make any difference with Mikey Brown making the decision. He'll hire somebody that is cheap and he'll give him no power to name a staff or make decisions on personnel. The draft will be all the new coach will have much say in and I have my doubts that he'll have a lot of freedom there. When does Mike Brown realize that the main reason his stadium is not full every week is because of himself?

As much as people like to hate on Mike Brown, and understandably so. As much as people wouldn't want to admit it, because it makes a very easy complaint to just blame Mike Brown. He has done better than a lot of owners and or GM's in the league since 2003. We act like just getting a new GM or a new owner would fix all. When there are all kinds of teams who have got new owners, new GM's and still are horrible. One of those teams in in this state.

So while the popular thing is to still say its all Mike Brown. He has honestly done a better job with it since 2003. Especially since 2011 when they let Duke Tobin have a lot more input.

For me the biggest complain people can say about him right now still is keeping Marvin. They put together one of the best rosters in the league in 2013 and so on, and after failing again in the playoffs for the third straight time by losing to the Chargers at home. He should have made a coaching change to try to help get the talent they did have over the top.

This off season will go a long with in my opinion on how Mike Brown is doing. They have once again put overall a talented roster besides the OL. So will he actually finally let Marvin walk, and truly try to hire the best coach possible for this team. Or will he just simply hire Pauly G.

As much as people like to hate on Mike Brown, and understandably so. As much as people wouldn't want to admit it, because it makes a very easy complaint to just blame Mike Brown. He has done better than a lot of owners and or GM's in the league since 2003. We act like just getting a new GM or a new owner would fix all. When there are all kinds of teams who have got new owners, new GM's and still are horrible. One of those teams in in this state.

So while the popular thing is to still say its all Mike Brown. He has honestly done a better job with it since 2003. Especially since 2011 when they let Duke Tobin have a lot more input.

For me the biggest complain people can say about him right now still is keeping Marvin. They put together one of the best rosters in the league in 2013 and so on, and after failing again in the playoffs for the third straight time by losing to the Chargers at home. He should have made a coaching change to try to help get the talent they did have over the top.

This off season will go a long with in my opinion on how Mike Brown is doing. They have once again put overall a talented roster besides the OL. So will he actually finally let Marvin walk, and truly try to hire the best coach possible for this team. Or will he just simply hire Pauly G.

Keep drinking the Kool-aid then. It's simply a business for Mike Brown and as long as the Bengals make enough money to support all the family members he is fine with the status quo. He has no problem with 20% of his stadium being empty each week. That's all on him and if you don't believe that than I don't know what to tell you. I never renewed my club seats 7 years ago and legally relinquished those seat licenses but every year they call me offering me those same seats and seat licenses because they haven't been able to sell them.

If PBS is sold out or 100% empty he is still getting paid for those seats bc Hamilton Co residents are suckers. Like said before its 100% a business for Mike Brown nothing more. If they win great more revenue, if not hes still making the amount he wants. Number one reason I wont pay for a ticket to a Bengals game, if the owner isnt willing to do whatever it takes to put out a winner why should I spend over $100 (usually more) to attend when I can watch on TV or listen on the radio for the cost of a 12 pack?

I get most people who go like football and its more of a party than anything but the die hard fans who live and die with each win and loss, I just cant fathom paying what they do KNOWING YOUR teams owner isnt even 50% committed to winning.

Marvin needs to be gone. But I still don't know how anyone could seriously still argue that Dalton is the guy we should want at qb, and that he is the guy who could make the big plays in big games even with a better coach. That Dalton is a guy who can get us over the top even if he had perfect things around him. I just dont know how people can see that. It's been 7 years now, and I just don't see that changing with Dalton no matter who the coach is. I can't guarntee McCarron is the answer either because we only saw him for 4 games. I'm just willing to see a new qb to go along with a new coach.

Honestly, until they actually try and improve the offensive line with aggressive offseason moves to get a Center and left tackle, they are in deep doo doo on offense.