It is time for the Marvin Lewis era to end in Cincinnati

Bengals win Sunday. Marvin here till the end of the year. Bengals squeak out 8 wins. Brown lets Marvin make his own decision about whether he comes back next year and in what role. That is the sad but true prediction from me.

Yes, sadly, this will probably occur! :jump:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals win Sunday. Marvin here till the end of the year. Bengals squeak out 8 wins. Brown lets Marvin make his own decision about whether he comes back next year and in what role. That is the sad but true prediction from me.

Sadly, that isn’t a prediction. That is the recitation of historical patterns of behavior

MLB just let 3 playoff coaches go because they want their teams to get over the hump.

Don't discount that the Mike Brown is getting older and would like to get a Super Bowl appearance again after all theses years. It might be a family business, but I'm sure there is at least some desire to be the best.

I have no idea if this is even a possibility and this may be for another thread, but is James Franklin a potential NFL head coach soon? Whenever I hear him talk I am impressed and he has done a great job at Penn St IMO. Do the coaching experts on here think he has the ability or desire to move to the NFL? If so, would the Bengals have interest? The last coach who they took from college was Sam Wyche, who obviously had a pretty good run...

I have no idea if this is even a possibility and this may be for another thread, but is James Franklin a potential NFL head coach soon? Whenever I hear him talk I am impressed and he has done a great job at Penn St IMO. Do the coaching experts on here think he has the ability or desire to move to the NFL? If so, would the Bengals have interest? The last coach who they took from college was Sam Wyche, who obviously had a pretty good run...

Who was hired by Paul Brown, I believe. Mikey fired him.

• 2 weeks later...

James Franklin is a good coach, but I just don't like the guy. I did like him running after the player yesterday to shake hands, but he has done some things that rub me the wrong way. I do think he would do a good job and hold people accountable. I'd be more inclined if Joe Moorehead was also part of the deal.