Packers 27 Bengals 24 OT

Imo it all starts with our qb. He is not a leader. He doesn't hold goes accountable, and smiles when he knows he misses open receivers. He is not a guy players would want to rally behind. All teammates will say the right thing about him in public, because he is their teammate and a great dude. Howvwer he is not a leader.

I don't agree with any of that after the first sentence. It is really very simple. Andy Dalton cannot perform under pressure. It is that simple.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to beat a dead horse but when you are playing a team that has an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady you have to get all the points you can. That sack in the 2nd quarter that moved the ball back 10 yards and the missed 48 yard FG is real big now. With that FG Rodgers doesn't have enough time to tie it. But with the Bengals the Pack probably would have recovered the onside kick and then tied it.lol

Stupid timeout on first play of overtime put Dalton under center for almost the first time today. That's how you throw the ball down the field Andy instead of 1 and 2 yard throws.

How do you not know the play after all the time between regulation and the beginning of OT?

I really liked hearing Romo on tv, he was spot on with all that he said.

Agree. Romo was excellent. He had two minor comments he messed up.

1. Looking at the replay where the Bengals stopped Montgomery short of the goal line, it showed Montgomery was clearly short and Romo would not change his initial comment. It bugs me when announcers make up their mind and won't change their view even when replay shows they were wrong.

2. He said the Bengals called time out on the extra point because of a personnel issue. That was Marvin icing the kicker.

Nit picky by me for sure. Romo provided some of the best analysis I have heard.

I don't agree with any of that after the first sentence. It is really very simple. Andy Dalton cannot perform under pressure. It is that simple.

So you think Dalton is a good leader? A guy who holds teammates accountable? A guy that the team would rally behind? A guy that they trust to make plays for them when it matters? If so I guess we need to agree to disagree on how much of a leader Dalton is.

Comments on here are right on!! Dalton has to be replaced, when primary receiver is open he's good, if he has to go through progressions he's unbelievably bad, unfortunately for him and us primary read is not always open!! Does he EVER complete a pass when he gets out of the pocket?? How many times today was he ducking and dancing when he was given really good protection?? Sorry, he just doesn't have the confidence or calmness to play QB in NFL. I've been in his corner since he got here but I'm done with him, time to see what McCarron can do!!

So you think Dalton is a good leader? A guy who holds teammates accountable? A guy that the team would rally behind? A guy that they trust to make plays for them when it matters? If so I guess we need to agree to disagree on how much of a leader Dalton is.

I say almost all that follows from execution on the field. If Dalton was just 50% more efficient under pressure, with everything else he does he would be considered an excellent leader, his teammates would trust him more and they would rally behind him. He has good character. He does not have the ability to makes plays consistently in high pressure situations. That is why he is an average QB and not a top 10 QB.

I say almost all that follows from execution on the field. If Dalton was just 50% more efficient under pressure, with everything else he does he would be considered an excellent leader, his teammates would trust him more and they would rally behind him. He has good character. He does not have the ability to makes plays consistently in high pressure situations. That is why he is an average QB and not a top 10 QB.

Fair enough. Imo being able to handle those pressure moments is part of being a leader. Which we agree he fails in those moments.